PDA

View Full Version : Hampton Roads Delorean

thirdmanj
07-29-2011, 09:59 AM
Hello all- I'm located in Norfolk, and I was just wondering if there are any running Deloreans with owners within a 100 miles that would like to meet up and fawn over their cars. :welcome:

digitalred
10-11-2012, 02:03 PM
Im in need of a delorean on the 26th!! Hit me up!

Mike Z
10-11-2012, 03:27 PM
By the beard of Zeus this thread is old!

thirdmanj
10-11-2012, 05:15 PM
Yeeeeah. But it worked.

1Mcfly4u
10-11-2012, 08:14 PM
Good Lord I need to fix my car......

thirdmanj
10-12-2012, 07:07 AM
Good Lord I need to fix my car......

For serious man. Mine will most likely be sold by then... :lol:

1Mcfly4u
10-12-2012, 08:40 AM
Well, I have been trying for the last month to get parts to start putting it back together, unfortunately one of the vendors has been dropping the ball on communications over the last month. I guess I should find someone else to go through.

thirdmanj
10-12-2012, 08:49 AM
Well, I have been trying for the last month to get parts to start putting it back together, unfortunately one of the vendors has been dropping the ball on communications over the last month. I guess I should find someone else to go through.

Houston may have a shite reputation, but if its one thing they do well is get parts out in a timely manner.

1Mcfly4u
10-12-2012, 01:45 PM
I've gotten some things from Houston from when I first bought the car, never had any trouble with them. Guess I will start looking around at other vendors for the parts I need. So when you sell your car are you done altogether or are you still wanting to be active in the community? When I get all my parts I was hoping of trying to get a repair Chuck's car/ Tech session going lol.

thirdmanj
10-12-2012, 02:19 PM
I've gotten some things from Houston from when I first bought the car, never had any trouble with them. Guess I will start looking around at other vendors for the parts I need. So when you sell your car are you done altogether or are you still wanting to be active in the community? When I get all my parts I was hoping of trying to get a repair Chuck's car/ Tech session going lol.

Certainly. Well see if we can get Josh in on that one too.

Mike Z
10-12-2012, 04:58 PM

I still don't have a D but if you have this tech session locally I'd be more than happy to lend a hand.

Jim D
10-12-2012, 08:56 PM
I would also be interested in participating especially if near Richmond.

dvfr750f
04-04-2013, 10:24 AM
My delorean and I will be moving into the area this July. How many other D's are in the area?
Dan:wave:

thirdmanj
04-04-2013, 10:40 AM
My delorean and I will be moving into the area this July. How many other D's are in the area?

Three that I know of. You would make four. 1 guy is a pretty decent drive away, the other is more immediate in the Hampton Roads area.

SamHill
04-04-2013, 01:36 PM
Three that I know of. You would make four. 1 guy is a pretty decent drive away, the other is more immediate in the Hampton Roads area.

President of DCVA usually buys pancakes for new members if they show up with a Delorean

dvfr750f
04-04-2013, 04:29 PM
Yumm! ALthough, the best pancakes I have had are at Frontier Retaurant in alb, NM. BY UNM

Mike Z
04-08-2013, 04:32 PM
President of DCVA usually buys pancakes for new members if they show up with a Delorean

It would be cool to see everyone again.

thirdmanj
04-08-2013, 05:29 PM
It would be cool to see everyone again.

Slackers that don't nut up and buy DeLoreans pay for the breakfast! ;)

Mike Z
04-09-2013, 09:50 AM

Welcome! What area of Virginia are you moving to?

Mike Z
04-09-2013, 09:54 AM
Slackers that don't nut up and buy DeLoreans pay for the breakfast! ;)

haha I'm okay with that. It would be cool to see everyone again. My plan is to buy one from Josh in the first couple of months of next year. I just purchased my first home and I'm moving in within the next few weeks. I'm putting money away for a healthy down payment on the D throughout the rest of this year and just getting used to owning a home. I do have a garage for the D :yesss:

dvfr750f
06-05-2013, 03:20 PM
I will be living in Poquoson. Should be there the first week of July. May drive her to the Yorktown festivities on the 4th. Do they do a car show there on the 4th?

thirdmanj
06-05-2013, 06:57 PM
I will be living in Poquoson. Should be there the first week of July. May drive her to the Yorktown festivities on the 4th. Do they do a car show there on the 4th?

Wait a sec, you're in Hampton? Why haven't we met up yet?! :lol: I don't know if there will be a show up there on the fourth, but if you google "Hampton Roads car shows" you should get a lot of results.

Mike Z
06-06-2013, 04:40 PM
Wait a sec, you're in Hampton? Why haven't we met up yet?! :lol: I don't know if there will be a show up there on the fourth, but if you google "Hampton Roads car shows" you should get a lot of results.

Hey, your For Sale info is gone from your signature, did you decide to keep yours?

thirdmanj
06-06-2013, 05:11 PM
Hey, your For Sale info is gone from your signature, did you decide to keep yours?

She became a daily driver on me since I sold my truck.

Mike Z
06-08-2013, 11:55 PM
She became a daily driver on me since I sold my truck.

Epic :)

dvfr750f
07-01-2013, 08:27 PM
Well, the peninsula officially has one more D! Justarrived in poquoson yesterday. Id love to do a delorean meet with whoever is local.

thirdmanj
07-01-2013, 08:51 PM
Well, the peninsula officially has one more D! Justarrived in poquoson yesterday. Id love to do a delorean meet with whoever is local.

Just lemme know, pal!

dvfr750f
07-02-2013, 05:30 PM
Maybe we could round up the local D's and meet at park lane. Its a restaurant/pub at the mall near the colesium

thirdmanj
07-02-2013, 06:28 PM
Maybe we could round up the local D's and meet at park lane. Its a restaurant/pub at the mall near the colesium

Sounds good man. What day is good for you?
"Local Ds" is more like local "D". The other guy only comes down on weekends sometimes. But I'll shoot him a message and tell them there's a new guy in town. Peace.

dvfr750f
07-08-2013, 09:03 AM
James, the band, THE DELOREANS, is playing on wed here in Hampton. Could you meet there? That would be so cool. Not many could meet up at a place where an 80s band, named the deloreans, is playing. I think I will def be there!

thirdmanj
07-08-2013, 09:36 AM
James, the band, THE DELOREANS, is playing on wed here in Hampton. Could you meet there? That would be so cool. Not many could meet up at a place where an 80s band, named the deloreans, is playing. I think I will def be there!

Too bad you weren't here a couple weekends back. 1258 was a featured car when they were playing at Mt. Trashmore in VA Beach.

1Mcfly4u
07-09-2013, 11:32 AM
Last time I was at the beach I took some pics of that bands name on the Marquee at some venue which escapes me. I thought it was pretty cool as I had never heard of them before.

dvfr750f
07-09-2013, 04:39 PM
They are playing at hoss's deli tomorrow night.

thirdmanj
07-09-2013, 04:44 PM
They are playing at hoss's deli tomorrow night.

Wanna meet up?

dvfr750f
07-09-2013, 09:53 PM
Yea, sounds good. I asked the mngr at Hoss's if they would like the cars there. She said that b/c it gets so crowded on wed that they dont know. Usually ppl are parking in other lots. Why they cant block a couple spaces for the D's, I dont know! I will ask again tomorrow tho. Apparently they get crowded about 430pm or so.

What do you think?

thirdmanj
07-09-2013, 09:59 PM
Yea, sounds good. I asked the mngr at Hoss's if they would like the cars there. She said that b/c it gets so crowded on wed that they dont know. Usually ppl are parking in other lots. Why they cant block a couple spaces for the D's, I dont know! I will ask again tomorrow tho. Apparently they get crowded about 430pm or so.

What do you think?

I say we meet up earlier. Say 2:30 or 3:00?