PDA

View Full Version : Add two new vin #'s to the Delorean Time Machine list

Coulombe
06-06-2014, 07:49 AM
Just wanted to give a shout out to the gentleman that is keeping track of the Delorean vin numbers.

Coulombe Enterprises aka Delorean Time Machines is proud to welcome into our family of iconic Time Machines:

vin #... 6235 a 1981 grey interior, manual trans, being transformed into our 1985 Doc Brown series with owner living in San Luis Obispo, CA
vin # ...5821 a 1981 grey interior, manual trans, being transformed into our 1985 Doc Brown Series with owner living in Austin, Texas.

Once these two builds are completed, then we can continue working on a Ghost Buster's Ecto-1A for a client that lives right here in the Orlando area.

Citizen
08-29-2014, 09:56 PM
Sorry for the delay, just now seeing this. The record book has now been updated with your number 12 & 13 builds. Congrats!

Thomas

mr2nut123
09-01-2014, 03:50 AM
Congrats Bruce!

Mark Shields
09-15-2014, 07:52 PM
Sorry for the delay, just now seeing this. The record book has now been updated with your number 12 & 13 builds. Congrats!
Thomas

Hey Thomas. Do you make your list public anywhere? Just curious where everyone is located and how many replicas we are up to now?

Dangermouse
09-15-2014, 08:28 PM
Www.txdmc.org

And go to the Registry tab

Citizen
09-15-2014, 09:54 PM
Hey Thomas. Do you make your list public anywhere? Just curious where everyone is located and how many replicas we are up to now?

Mark...Dermot is right, we try to maintain the list at the Texas site. If you know of any BTTF cars that we've missed, let us know. Also trying to track other unique modifications that people do to their cars, as you can see at our site. Enjoy, and feel free to sign our guest book!

Thomas

Shep
09-16-2014, 01:34 AM
Also trying to track other unique modifications that people do to their cars, as you can see at our site.I've got quite a few unique mods, but the info on my VIN's page is straight from the VIN Chronology thread. How do I go about updating it myself without hassling you every time I add more to it? :)

SIMid
09-16-2014, 02:34 AM
Just tried to sign the guest book, didn't work.

Citizen
09-16-2014, 07:27 PM
Just tried to sign the guest book, didn't work.

Thanks for trying. There are a number of entries, with the latest being August 7th, so I'm pretty sure it's working. Did you get an error message? How about PM me a screen capture?

Thomas

EDIT: Just successfully entered a test greeting using IE-11. Worked fine.

Citizen
09-16-2014, 07:29 PM
I've got quite a few unique mods, but the info on my VIN's page is straight from the VIN Chronology thread. How do I go about updating it myself without hassling you every time I add more to it? :)

Sorry Shep, only an Admin can update the Chronology. We've tried to stay on top of the VIN Chronology thread, so to keep the mods up-to-date. Of course, there is sometime a delay if we don't see it right away.

Feel free to PM me with all your mods, and I'll get them in there.

And thanks for helping out by providing current data!

Thomas

Shep
09-16-2014, 08:00 PM
Sorry Shep, only an Admin can update the Chronology. We've tried to stay on top of the VIN Chronology thread, so to keep the mods up-to-date. Of course, there is sometime a delay if we don't see it right away.

Feel free to PM me with all your mods, and I'll get them in there.

And thanks for helping out by providing current data!

Thomas

...Could've sworn there was a way to sign up and edit data for your own VIN. Must be thinking of another registry then. Hmm, far too many mods to list, maybe just a link to my site (http://vin559.com/) would be good enough, so people can view it on their own. :) Some aren't even documented here, just on my blog, and I'm always working on something new for it.

EDIT: Also, I've personally branded it as a 21st century time machine. Not to knock the BTTF conversions (I want one as a retirement present someday), but more or less a take on how I think Doc would've built it had he used a DeLorean now instead of in 1955-1985, with all the modern technology available to him. Maybe it could be labeled "21st Century Time Machine" instead of "BTTF Conversion" or similar? :)

Citizen
09-16-2014, 08:08 PM
Could've sworn there was a way to sign up and edit data for your own VIN. Must be thinking of another registry then.

Well, it could be you are thinking of the DOD (DeLorean Owners Directory). The DOD is different from the "Registry". We keep that as well. And if you are registered, you can maintain your own data. Actually, I thought you were already signed up, but I was wrong.

EDIT: Maybe it could be labeled "21st Century Time Machine" instead of "BTTF Conversion" or similar? :)

Can be done. I'll take care of that for you (and the link to your site).

Thomas

EDIT: Changes completed. You can view it now here (http://www.citizenkidd.com/dmc/pages/vinview_disp.asp?start=559).

Shep
09-16-2014, 08:16 PM
Well, it could be you are thinking of the DOD (DeLorean Owners Directory). The DOD is different from the "Registry". We keep that as well. And if you are registered, you can maintain your own data. Actually, I thought you were already signed up, but I was wrong.No, I'm not signed up for it. When it comes to the DeLorean world, if it asks for anything more than an email and name, and isn't using it for billing/shipping purposes only, I tend to stay away from it. Looking at the address page, it's asking for my address, phone, full name, and I don't see a particular need for it to know that kind of data, so I passed when I looked at it previously ;)

Citizen
09-16-2014, 08:19 PM
No, I'm not signed up for it. When it comes to the DeLorean world, if it asks for anything more than an email and name, and isn't using it for billing/shipping purposes only, I tend to stay away from it. Looking at the address page, it's asking for my address, phone, full name, and I don't see a particular need for it to know that kind of data, so I passed when I looked at it previously ;)

Understand your concern completely. If it helps, not all fields are required.

Shep
09-17-2014, 12:12 AM
Understand your concern completely. If it helps, not all fields are required.

...It does help, actually. Hmm, looking at the registry info, it looks good to go now. Not sure what I'd change if I were a member of the DOD since all the essential info is there now.

Either way, keep up the good work man! :thumbup: