PDA

View Full Version : My Very Positive Experience Working With DPI

Ikeaboy1
06-09-2014, 10:05 AM
DPI did such an incredible job on my car, I feel compelled to publicly share my gratitude for the hard work, and wish share my experience to those considering working with them.

I'll go into details for those who care, but if you just want the conclusion, skip to my last paragraph.

I spoke to Josh about a few restoration candidates last year that didn't pan out. I finally found one that I pursued and eventually bought. I posted a thread with questions about PA title transfers, and Josh took it upon himself to touch base regarding the pending purchase and inviting me to contact him if there was work to be done. There was, and him proactively contacting me was very impressive.

Josh worked with me 100% coming up with a plan of how to best achieve my desired results. We discussed things needing done, and he was very upfront with potential risks and extra costs we could encounter(broken exhaust studs, orifice tubes, etc.) Fortunately, Josh worked hard and saved me from most of these 'worst case' items. While developing our plan of attack, Josh got pneumonia. Still, he remained responsive(once I realized he was ill, I did ease up. I didn't want to kill the guy!). Had no one mentioned the pneumonia, I wouldn't have thought anything was wrong. My emails were being answered and my calls being returned.

There were always going to be things needing done we didn't foresee. On all these items, Josh was very, VERY reasonable with his charges. The list of items he took care of for no additional charge is innumerable. As work was being performed, he continually presented items that I might want to address 'while we're in here.' Of course, this meant spending some additional money, but it also meant a better finished product and, in the long run, actually saving money(having taking care of things while the car was already apart).

Josh pulled my drivetrain, did a complete engine appearance package and overall refresh of the engine(including a new exhaust) and completely rebuilt my transmission. New axles, refurbished steering rack, lowered suspension with adjustable shocks, fuel pump and braided fuel lines, clutch, clutch hydraulics, AC lines, refinished fascias, trunk, and pontoons, refinished rims, repaired some epoxy damage under my master cylinders, and about 1,000,000 other small things fixed or replaced. Lots and lots of work done, and it all came out beautifully.

The car drives incredibly. It tracks straight and true, the exhaust sounds amazing, and my AC blows cold. The most amazing thing to me, however, is the transmission. I've driven 6 or 7 Deloreans, and none of them shifted like mine does now. The shifts feel short, engagements feel positive, and there's no slop. Without exaggeration, it drives like a new car. I love it.

I've attached a few photos. I didn't realize until now that I haven't taken many photos after getting the car back. I'll take and upload more.

I whole-heartedly recommend DPI to anyone wanting the best for and from their car. Bring a realistic budget(with some breathing room for the inevitable surprises) and a good attitude to the table and DPI will exceed your expectations.

acaciolo
06-09-2014, 01:44 PM
very jealous of that engine...

looks amazing.

Mark D
06-09-2014, 03:06 PM
very jealous of that engine...

looks amazing.

Yeah wow... very impressive.

Domi
06-09-2014, 03:19 PM
Beautiful engine compartment, he did a great job :aniclap:

Delorean Industries
06-09-2014, 04:41 PM
Thank you for the kind words Jerry. It was nothing short of a pleasure to assist with our part of the restoration of 5667. Few more pictures of the build process.

alexwolf1216
06-09-2014, 04:44 PM
That is beautiful. Nicely done :hss:

Delorean Industries
06-09-2014, 04:52 PM
Few more shots of the process.

Iznodmad
06-09-2014, 06:02 PM
I saw your car the day you dropped it off (I was right after you), and a couple more times during the build when I was at DPI. One of the better condition cars I've seen to go thru the dpi build/resto process. In fact, I can see 5000 in the background of one of these pics, and the twin turbo engine as well. If you are going to DCS, I hope to see your completed car there. I can show you how a DPI car can hold up to the rigors of daily driving as well, with 16128. Regardless, enjoy the car! I agree that DPI and Josh are a pleasure to do business with.

krado94
06-09-2014, 08:56 PM
After working with Josh on three cars now. I can not say anything but good things about the service he provides!! His custom parts are all the best of the best quality. From the 1st time I contacted him in Sept of 2008 when I was looking at my first Delorean near Cleveland, OH. He offered to come look at it with me, so I didn't buy a basketcase or a car that needed too much work!!! He is always fair and upfront on what needs done with all the cars I have owned. Now I have worked with Josh for over 6 years, he is the only one that does work on my cars!!!

Brian

Mark D
06-10-2014, 02:42 PM
Few more pictures of the build process.
Few more shots of the process.

Mmmm.... yeah.
http://dmctalk.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=27936&d=1402425715

john 05141
06-11-2014, 07:25 AM
[QUOTE=Ikeaboy1;146138]
Without exaggeration, it drives like a new car. I love it.

What are you talking about man, IT IS A NEW CAR!!!
Darn, again a car I am officially jealous of. She is a beauty!

Question about the exhaust. The stock exhaust has a lousy noise and the exhaust pipes look like the're from a VW beetle.
I've seen new exhausts and they sound too loud and it is not my thing.
I like th looks from these, how is the sound compared to stock?

Enjoy the car
Jan

Chris4099
06-16-2014, 03:35 PM
Question about the exhaust. The stock exhaust has a lousy noise and the exhaust pipes look like the're from a VW beetle.
I've seen new exhausts and they sound too loud and it is not my thing.
I like th looks from these, how is the sound compared to stock?

When I compared the DPI Spec 1 with other aftermarket systems, I noticed it seems to have the largest muffler of the bunch. From the different ones I've heard, the DPI one does feel the quietest too. Please note that it's still louder then stock, especially when accelerating. Once you hit cruising speed on the freeway, it's not very loud and there's no droning (unlike the DMCH Stage 1). In fact I would say road/wind noise is louder at that point. I've long since forgotten about the louder noise but keep noticing the improved performance every time I floor it. Good trade if you ask me. ;)

One other note I wanted to mention about Josh. I went to his booth at DCS and expected to introduce myself along with the fact I purchased the Spec 1 about 3.5 years ago because I had a question regarding an update to it. Once I walked up to him, he looked at my badge and said that it was nice that we finally met and was wondering how I was enjoying the exhaust system. I was very impressed that he remembered that order from so many years ago. He definitely earned his reputation here!