FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: DeLorean Wheels/Rims

DeLorean Wheels/Rims

Hi All,

I am selling a set of re-painted OEM DeLorean Wheels (Rims+caps and Tires). I bought these wheels through this forum for a sculpture and now must re-sell the wheels. The wheels were professionally re-painted by a previous owner and look absolutely spectacular! the rims are easily 9/10 condition - you will be hard pressed to find a better looking set of wheels! To my knowledge, the wheels are in 10/10 working condition, there is no visible evidence of damage or repairs. The previous owner I bought these wheels from said he drove on them regularly and had no issues. The wheels come with street-legal Nitto Drag Radials with decent tread, these tires look really nice on the rims, and look good on the DeLorean, they are fairly large and fill-out the wheel arches nicely. the front rims have 205/55R14 tires and the rear rims have 275/60R15 tires - I was told these wheels were running well without any wheel well rubbing.

The wheels are located in NYC, and I would be willing to deliver/ meet near the city upon negotiation.

I paid $1200.00 for the set, and am asking the same: $1200.00 for the set or $400.00 per wheel.

Please pm or email me with any questions. [email protected]

Thank you,
    Best,
    Don

Rear Wheels_72.jpgFront Wheels_72.jpgRear_size.jpgFront_size.jpgtread.jpg
    Attached Images

I just posted these rims on ebay:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/271559139091...witem=&vxp=mtr

I am willing to sell them for $1000.00 through this forum, if you are interested, please PM me!

Are these still available? I'm located in NYC

Quote Originally Posted by dedler View Post
    I just posted these rims on ebay:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/271559139091...witem=&vxp=mtr

I am willing to sell them for $1000.00 through this forum, if you are interested, please PM me!

My VIN:    17082

Club(s):   (DOI)

275?! Wow. I would be quite surprised to find that those do not rub. When I picked up my car, the PO had put 265s on it. They looked like they were fine, but they rubbed the lower shock mount when cornering. 275s would look totally bad ass, but I can't see them clearing unless you're running a good size spacer (in addition to the facotry spacer). Not trying to discourage sales or anything, just inform everyone
    - Devon

83 Canadian Spec - Manual, Grey, Fixed Pulls, Flat Hood

Quote Originally Posted by LordFly View Post
    275?! Wow. I would be quite surprised to find that those do not rub. When I picked up my car, the PO had put 265s on it. They looked like they were fine, but they rubbed the lower shock mount when cornering. 275s would look totally bad ass, but I can't see them clearing unless you're running a good size spacer (in addition to the facotry spacer). Not trying to discourage sales or anything, just inform everyone
    i would just like the rims. dont' care about the tires.

My VIN:    891, 1045

Devon, these wheels were on 1729 when I bought it and didn't rub at all. It had Eibachs up front and stock springs in the rear. It might have something to do with the varying tread widths from one manufacturer to another. The car cruised at HIGHway speeds and hugged curves with the tires without any issues.
    -James . . . "Life without knowledge is death in disguise." ~ H.P.G.

Still for Sale

Hi Everyone,

These wheels are still for sale, I have been taking it easy the last few months trying to see what they might bring, but now I need to sell them- PM me if you want to make an offer or have any questions.

Best,
    Don

Hi Everyone -

I am once again trying to sell these rims - I am in Los Angeles now - $1000.00 OBO

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac...397132333.html

My VIN:    7178

Club(s):   (DMA)

I didn't think much of it until I saw this post. Those came up on my craigslist alerts... on the EAST coast. Has someone stolen your pictures? Or did you erroneously put them in the wrong CL area?

Selling just the rims this time

Hi everyone - I am once again trying to sell these rims - I got the tires taken off of the rims, and have re-posted just the rims on Craigslist - I would prefer to sell in-person here in Los Angeles, but if someone really wants me to ship just the rims, I think we could work something out

Here is a link to the CL post in LA:
    http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac...466397050.html

i am asking $1000.00 OBO.

IMG_6001.jpg