FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: restoration of binnacles, dashes, and glove box covers

My VIN:    10480

restoration of binnacles, dashes, and glove box covers

I was asked a while back to look into manufacturing binnacles, as I earn my living as a composites professional. I concluded that manufacturing would be too expensive, but restoration would be a cost-effective option. I worked out a restoration process that should ensure a long service life even in extreme heat conditions such as are found in Texas, Arizona, and Florida. Restored binnacles (one mounted in a car, the other unmounted) were on show at DCS in Dayton for those who attended, as was a restored glove box. The reception was positive and I am now offering the restoration service to the DeLorean community at large.

I am currently set up to restore binnacles and glove box covers. If there is enough interest in dash pad restoration as well, I will add that to the list. I attached photos of restored parts - sorry, but the signature on the glove box cover isn't included in the restoration process. Please see the attached PDF file for details and specs. on the process used to restore the binnacles. There are a few conditions concerning restoring parts, and they are described in the PDF file, so please take a look at it.

Cost to restore a binnacle core is $425 plus shipping (core to me in Dayton, Ohio, restored binnacle back to you)

Cost to restore a glove box cover is $75 plus shipping (core to me in Dayton, Ohio, restored cover back to you)

If there is enough interest in dash pad restoration, I may offer a package deal for all three costing somewheres between $1100 and $1250 plus the shipping costs.

[Purists please note, since I can't duplicate the faux leather texture of the original dash pad and glove box cover, these would be done in the same texture as the binnacle, which is a more random vinyl texture.]

DSC01001.jpg

DSC00994.jpg

online flyer - new bezel.pdf

My VIN:    10480

online pics

texture example

restoration in process

restored binnacle

restored vs. old