FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Nice 81 Auto just sold

My VIN:    03037

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Auto owners are content with their car as is, manual owners tend to be sad that their car isn't more, so the only thing they can think to do is rag on us. Been going on for years here. Think of Manual owners as the fat kid everyone else made fun of in school, the fat kid then points to the geek and says "What about him, he's worse than me"
    +1 lol

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
    ¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬
    2014 La Jolla Concours D'Elegance Volunteer
    1998 Online Gamer; Everquest, AOE, R6, WOW, SOF
    1981 DeLorean, Grey, Automatic, Flap, 12k preserved miles
    1960 Volkswagen Beetle
    1961 Cadillac Coupe DeVille - *Restoration in Progress*

My VIN:    Former 5452, currently in-love with 0747

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK)

I think you all are missing my point entirely. I said "I'd never buy an automatic", simple as that. Did I say anything against them? No. Did I say they were inferior? No. Did I say I hated them? No. You are trying to make me sound like I am bashing them and I most certainly did nothing of the sort.

If you actually care to hear my real opinion, here it is: I believe a sports car should be manual. That being said, if someone who doesn't like manual, can't drive a manual or has a condition that renders a manual no longer an option, I say go with an Automatic. If a car being an auto enables more folks to enjoy it, then go for it, that's a wonderful thing! There is my real opinion, but thanks for trying putting words in my mouth and make me sound like a, as you said "hater".

BTW, calling manual owners the "fat kids" isn't exactly being kind yourself (or mature for that matter).

As for my comment about the fender antenna, that I stand by.....it's hideous. And yes, I speak from experience. My first DeLorean had it and I despised it. If you like the look, that's great, be proud of what you have.
    -Dusty

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by sapphirexae View Post

If you actually care to hear my real opinion, here it is: I believe a sports car should be manual.
    I believe a sports car shouldn't have to worry about having its ass handed to it by a minivan full of kids on their way to an ice cream party. You can go on all you want about how well your manual "connects you to the road..blah blah blah" , but it still doesn't mean you rise to the level of "sports car" status when you can't even out corner a Prius in "eco" mode.

If you manual owners can't handle a little of your own medicine(that you are always so eager to dole out) getting tossed back at you on the Internet I would highly suggest you keep your self righteous opinions to yourself.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

My VIN:    5482

I think you all are missing my point entirely. I said "I'd never buy an automatic", simple as that. Did I say anything against them? No. Did I say they were inferior? No. Did I say I hated them? No. You are trying to make me sound like I am bashing them and I most certainly did nothing of the sort.

If you actually care to hear my real opinion, here it is: I believe a sports car should be manual. That being said, if someone who doesn't like manual, can't drive a manual or has a condition that renders a manual no longer an option, I say go with an Automatic. If a car being an auto enables more folks to enjoy it, then go for it, that's a wonderful thing! There is my real opinion, but thanks for trying putting words in my mouth and make me sound like a, as you said "hater".
    Dude - my first 4 vehicles were manual shift. My wife currently drives an A5 manual-shift. I prefer manual shift cars BUT when I was DeLorean shopping I came across a deal I wasn't going to turn down on an auto. To ME it wasn't that important. It has nothing to do with your 3 points (1) not liking a manual (2) can't drive a manual (3) handicap. That's absurd.

Where's Michael, he needs to win his 601st internet debate right here.
    Jeff

My VIN:    3937

Yea! I forgot about my black interior too! That's 3 strikes so I guess that's it!

You're right about going on for years Michael... and not just on DMCs. A friend on FB that really is not much of a car person asked her friends whether they liked auto or manual. It got comment after comment about it has to be manual for some of the most irrelevant reasons. Skip the logic... you gotta feel the road yo!!

I feel like asking the "feel the road" and "in control" justification people how well they like their cruise control feature? That would kind of defeat the purpose though wouldn't you think... being in control and all? Nevermind

EDIT: didn't realize there was already a page 2!!

Ummmmmmmmm...???

Actually, you said "huge detractor" and "not in a million years." That's just a wee bit of an exaggeration for dramatic effect don't you think? Not really just a simple opinion to me anyway.

C'mon though man, you know that the auto D's pick up like a million more chicks than the manuals do! Sheesh.
    Last edited by Jonathan; 07-03-2014 at 02:05 PM.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Obviously you guys want to make it seem like I'm Auto bashing when I wasn't. If you wish to (for whatever reason) proceed with that, go for it. If you need to turn a simple, un-negative comment into fodder for an argument, go for it. I fail to see why my preference (and thats all it is) for a manual is cause for nasty comments and a mini war. This is so funny and ridiculous. Some of you prefer Auto, some prefer manual and I keep saying thats just fine and yet you keep turning it into a negative. No clue as to why you want to bring such hostility over a simple preference of a stupid transmission. Let it go, its stupid and there is no right answer, it is preference......plain n' simple.

I also own a BMW X5, plenty of owners think that it should be a 6-Speed manual (which they did offer) to bring out more of the "BMW nature". I choose an automatic as I thought it better suited that car and an auto was my preference for my daily driver. I made the same choice that you DeLorean Auto owners made and yet you're bashing me for not wanting an auto DeLorean when I made the same exact choice with another one of my vehicles. You are trying to turn a very simple comment of preference into something sinister for reasons that I cannot understand.

And as for you Michael,
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    keep your self righteous opinions to yourself.
    . I whole heartedly agree but I think you should be looking at yourself. If you bothered to read ANY of my comments all the way through without assumptions, I challenge you to give me one quote where I bashed automatics and or their owners. Come on, just one quote. I said I prefer a manual in this car and that is all I said. You are taking a transmission related comment and blasting me for years of people who were being negative and nasty towards auto owners. Again, read my comments and quote me where I actually put down anything related to an automatic and/or their owners. You can't because I didn't. Apology accepted, my auto owning (which is absolutely fine by me) friend.
    Last edited by sapphirexae; 07-03-2014 at 02:11 PM.
    -Dusty

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

I wouldn't go on a date with her in a million years, the huge detractor is her looks.

Don't take that negatively.... she is still nice.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

Still nothing negative said about the Auto there dude.

I said "I wouldn't buy one in a million years". I didn't put it down, I simply said I wouldn't buy one. By your own logic, if you don't want to own everything that I own, you are putting me down. Thats plain ol' goofy. Just because I don't want to own something does not mean I'm slandering it. It means that it is simply not for me.

Again, you are taking my simple opinion comment and retaliating based on years of others being nasty and posting uncalled for comments about automatics. I said nothing of the sort.
    -Dusty

My VIN:    5482

Still nothing negative said about the Auto there dude.

I said "I wouldn't buy one in a million years". I didn't put it down, I simply said I wouldn't buy one. By your own logic, if you don't want to own everything that I own, you are putting me down. Thats plain ol' goofy. Just because I don't want to own something does not mean I'm slandering it. It means that it is simply not for me.

Again, you are taking my simple opinion comment and retaliating based on years of others being nasty and posting uncalled for comments about automatics. I said nothing of the sort.
    That's like saying, "I wouldn't buy a cheeseburger in a million years", while maintaining that you aren't saying anything negative about cheeseburgers. If that was the case, then why say the original statement in the first place. There had to have been something important enough TO YOU for you to post this statement. The average person is going to interpret that as some form of negativity.
    Last edited by OverlandMan; 07-03-2014 at 02:52 PM. Reason: spelling
    Jeff

My VIN:    3757

WOW.....

Auto VS Manual...... I like both.... The same thing happens on the Corvette forum... I have 2 Corvettes, one of each... a 4 speed 1972, and a 6 speed Auto C6, that has over 400 Hp. Both cars are different. The words "Sports Car" takes on a different meaning with a Delorean VS Corvette...
    Don't get me wrong, I love driving the Delorean, (Mine is a Stick), Stage 1, but the 130 HP VS 400 is such a difference. My Auto C6 Vette is my 1st choice when I have to drive in Traffic... FYI our "Traffic" can be 45 min to go 5 miles... I did it once in my 1972 Vette (they do not have hydraulic assist), and my leg was quivering, move up 10 feet, stop move up 10 feet, stop, for 45 minutes... Now I take the Auto.

Craig

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast