FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Nice 81 Auto just sold

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by NightFlyer View Post
    Everyone knows that the only reason to drink light beer is BECAUSE IT'S LESS FILLING!
    Hahaha!! You know it!!!!!

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    Former 5452, currently in-love with 0747

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK)

OK, Michael admitted he was looking for a manual. I'm satisfied! lol

As for the antenna, I agree that the fender probably has the best functionality (we've had five DeLoreans and have owned all of the different antenna versions offered) but that was never my reason for disliking it. I just find that it hurts the general look / lines of the car (again just MY opinion, so don't go too nuts). I myself don't listen to the ol' AM/FM in this car. I use MP3 or even CDs (yeah, old fashioned). So performance isn't a biggie. When we had the new sound system installed, the antenna was upgraded and hidden away. It works great but is totally pout of view. We just had the windshield replaced and opted for a non-antenna version even though thats what the car originally had. If you're not gonna use it, might as well make it look a bit cleaner right?
    -Dusty

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Club(s):   (PNDC)

.... I love lamp.
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

SOOoooooo... back to the car. This owner is in my town and seems like a really great guy. Sorry to see him leave the family but glad he got his asking price. Congrats, Sean!
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by jawn101 View Post
    SOOoooooo... back to the car. This owner is in my town and seems like a really great guy. Sorry to see him leave the family but glad he got his asking price. Congrats, Sean!
    Yes, very sad to see him leave. Hope he will come back one day in the future. Good thing is that he will loose all the bad memories with his D over time and preserve the good ones. They are all coming back! Har-har!

Do we know anything of the new owner? Did Sean tell him about this awesome forum? I will keep my eye on the introduction thread.
    - Volker Seidel -

The way I see it, if you're gonna drive around in a car, why not do it with some style?

My VIN:    07000

Nice 81 Auto just sold

Not to bring up the whole antenna thing, but actually, the new roof, dorsal fin looking antennae not only look best but are superior for reception with FM and satellite. I'd say mount one to the top of your louvers and you're all set if you're not owning a concours car.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverbullet View Post
    WOW.....

Auto VS Manual...... I like both.... The same thing happens on the Corvette forum... I have 2 Corvettes, one of each... a 4 speed 1972, and a 6 speed Auto C6, that has over 400 Hp. Both cars are different. The words "Sports Car" takes on a different meaning with a Delorean VS Corvette...
    But if you could have a DeLorean with a Corvette engine - say a mid-70's c350, you'd be a pretty happy camper and have a very nice sports car...ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404528950.992193.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1404528968.532573.jpg though I plan on losing the spoiler if I get it.

My VIN:    4519

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I believe a sports car shouldn't have to worry about having its ass handed to it by a minivan full of kids on their way to an ice cream party. You can go on all you want about how well your manual "connects you to the road..blah blah blah" , but it still doesn't mean you rise to the level of "sports car" status when you can't even out corner a Prius in "eco" mode.
    When I found my car, it was a good deal not to pass up, but I didn't (and still don't) want an auto. My dad asked why I'm so hopped-up to have a manual-shift and I mentioned I didn't understand why anyone would make a "sports car" with an auto-transmission. My dad answered: "I don't know why anyone would make a sports car with only a 130HP engine....lol!

Quote Originally Posted by OverlandMan View Post
    Where's Michael, he needs to win his 601st internet debate right here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I wouldn't go on a date with her in a million years, the huge detractor is her looks.

Don't take that negatively.... she is still nice.

Regarding sports cars and their transmissions, my 2013 Turbo Beetle with automatic (okay, I have paddle shifters and can switch to manual) and the Audi TT are sports cars, yet if I never touch the paddles or move the shifter into manual mode, it's an automatic.

My VIN:    03037

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    When I found my car, it was a good deal not to pass up, but I didn't (and still don't) want an auto. My dad asked why I'm so hopped-up to have a manual-shift and I mentioned I didn't understand why anyone would make a "sports car" with an auto-transmission. My dad answered: "I don't know why anyone would make a sports car with only a 130HP engine....lol!

Rofl!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
    ¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬
    2014 La Jolla Concours D'Elegance Volunteer
    1998 Online Gamer; Everquest, AOE, R6, WOW, SOF
    1981 DeLorean, Grey, Automatic, Flap, 12k preserved miles
    1960 Volkswagen Beetle
    1961 Cadillac Coupe DeVille - *Restoration in Progress*

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast