FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: opening and closing doors with new door seals

My VIN:    4608- sold 4885- current

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Another quick check you can do is see that your doors open and close without interference while you have the door seal completely removed. That's often more of a check while you're doing striker pin/door alignments, but if you already have your seals off (and once your door handles are back together) give it a go and you might notice a problem area more easily. Maybe, maybe not. Simple thing to check though.
    They close great with the seals off. Dave was right, the old seal was torn at the top where it curves by the strut, also a problem spot now.

My VIN:    3294

Replaced my inner door seal on the drivers side last night. Old one came off easy. New one seemed to go on easy. The existing (original) seal had 20 metal clips along the bottom door sill. The new seal from DMCH included 14 metal clips that seems WAY TOO SMALL to even fit over the edge of the door sill.

Tried to close the door and it felt like I had left a tool or something in the way... I thought I had broke the door. The new gasket keeps the door from shutting all the way. I tried some silicone spray and it seemed to help, but only if I forcefully slammed the door really hard. I'll pick up some clear silicone grease this weekend and leave it alone for a week and see what happens.
    Barry Floyd
    Lebanon, Tennessee
    VIN 3294 - Aug. 81

My VIN:    2567 (Sold)

In my case, it was the door trim for B post. After removing it, door was working correctly. Now mine even opens with wingsaloft door launcher. I plan to reshape the trim and reinstall.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4