FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Information request - VIN #4463

Not a self styled 'Guru'

Information request - VIN #4463

I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me, I am looking for any history/information on VIN# 4463.

One of the car's previous owners was a gentleman by the name of Josh (Joshua) Tidwell located in Bakersfield CA, and in a past life the car was painted white.

I would be particularly interested in any pictures of the car in it's painted guise. The car is now back in the UK and is currently being restored/recommissioned.

Thanks in advance,
    Mike
    DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
    The Future's DeLorean Club

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Mike,

is it now your car? Was it white when it was imported

also, I have sent you a PM
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Not a self styled 'Guru'

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    Mike,

is it now your car? Was it white when it was imported

also, I have sent you a PM
    Dermot,

It is jointly owned by myself and two local owners. Purchased as a project to work on over the winter months, she landed back in the UK in October 2014.

Thanks, will check my inbox now and reply.
    DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

Do you have any pictures of the car now? Still white?

Not a self styled 'Guru'

Quote Originally Posted by Domi View Post
    Do you have any pictures of the car now? Still white?
    I have lots of pictures of the car as it stands now. Unfortunately no pictures from when it was white.

I believe the paint was stripped from the car while Josh Tidwell owned it - there are posts on the DML which point towards this.

Josh sold the car in 2010, and it remained with the previous owner Scott (still in Bakersfield, CA), before we purchased it in July 2014 and shipped it back to the UK.
    Last edited by MikeWard; 02-03-2015 at 03:34 AM.
    DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....

My VIN:    16362, 04463 (Former)

Exclamation 04463 previous owner - FOUND!

Mr. Ward you are in luck. As it happens I came across this forum thru Google when searching for my old VIN # to see if there was anything on the net about it besides what I put up all those years ago. I don't know how often peoples wishes come true to find out some history on their car on the forum's here but today is your lucky day. I can cover the history of 04463 from July 2007 until FEB 2010 and even some of its history prior to my purchase. I also have plenty of digital images of 04463 back when she was white and its history since then. I'd be more than happy to discuss and share all of this with you if only for a chance to get images of her now and catch up on this old car of mine. After writing this post I'll PM you my email address, or we can discuss all this in the open forum post here.

Not a self styled 'Guru'

Quote Originally Posted by DMCJosh85 View Post
    Mr. Ward you are in luck. As it happens I came across this forum thru Google when searching for my old VIN # to see if there was anything on the net about it besides what I put up all those years ago. I don't know how often peoples wishes come true to find out some history on their car on the forum's here but today is your lucky day. I can cover the history of 04463 from July 2007 until FEB 2010 and even some of its history prior to my purchase. I also have plenty of digital images of 04463 back when she was white and its history since then. I'd be more than happy to discuss and share all of this with you if only for a chance to get images of her now and catch up on this old car of mine. After writing this post I'll PM you my email address, or we can discuss all this in the open forum post here.
    That's fantastic, I'll check my PM's now. Thanks.

My VIN:    6472

I have a saved Carfax report for 4463 on my computer dated July of last year, but no other info. I wonder if this was one of the cars I checked out and/or test drove. The last thing on the report says it passed emissions testing in 2009.

My VIN:    6472

Ok, I got it. I test drove this car back in July of 2014, but didn't purchase it. It was in Newhall, CA and listed for sale on Craigslist I believe. It was stainless, I didn't even know it was painted before that.

Not a self styled 'Guru'

Quote Originally Posted by Gregadeth View Post
    I have a saved Carfax report for 4463 on my computer dated July of last year, but no other info. I wonder if this was one of the cars I checked out and/or test drove. The last thing on the report says it passed emissions testing in 2009.
    Would I be able to grab a copy of that report please?

Quote Originally Posted by Gregadeth View Post
    Ok, I got it. I test drove this car back in July of 2014, but didn't purchase it. It was in Newhall, CA and listed for sale on Craigslist I believe. It was stainless, I didn't even know it was painted before that.
    Yes, that's the one, we found it via a craigslist ad.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast