FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Regular Car Review back for Round 2 with a Stage 2.

My VIN:    3299

Regular Car Review back for Round 2 with a Stage 2.

What cha think?

DMCTalk.org Moderator

Actual snippet of a conversation from Sept 2013:

Me: Eddie, I can't wait to get the car back when you're done with it.

Eddie: Yeah, you'll be able to give the car gas, and it won't be - like - embarrassing....

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean03 View Post
    What cha think?
    Hmmm, not playing for me. Neither in the Forum nor on YouTube. Might be something wrong with my system.
    - Volker Seidel -

The way I see it, if you're gonna drive around in a car, why not do it with some style?

Mostly Harmless... refugeefromcalif's Avatar

My VIN:    6599

I learned something new. I didn't know that my door locks are Hydraulic... LOL.
    Also, My doors don't Bounce when they hit the top like they want to keep going. (Thankfully).

George
    George.

1974 BMW RS90 motorcycle
    1981 DeLorean. Cruise Control, Wings-A-Loft, Eibach springs, Spax shocks, Stage1 exhaust, Manual, Grey and Grooved, LED clock and fixed pulls.
    1993 del Sol S (With a Few, Upgrades)
    2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Bitter sweet as it is that dill-hole's car (Matt Farrah). But I always love the RCR spin on cars haha

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

Banned

My VIN:    1798

1. Matt Farah is a douche bag.

2. Apparently shit for brains doesn't even clean his own cars, and the guy that he hires to do it for him can't even wipe off the front fascia before parking it and lending it out for a video review - and yet, rubberneck sees fit to being ultra critical of other's pride and joys. You've got to be freakin kidding me. What a total ass hat.

3. Yeah, the door fly's up on ass clown's car all right - hope he's vastly familiar with the roof box bolt down procedure. What a schlep rock.

4. Stage II blows chunks and doesn't impress me one bit - dubious ignition (that Josh B actually dyno'd and showed that it actually reduced horsepower output), cams, and an exhaust. Oh, and a 'cold air induction' system (a $20 plastic flex pipe that connects the pontoon air intake directly to the air cleaner and eliminates the stove pipe and hot air valve - jerky probably paid $1,500+ for that awesome bit of kit). Loser. Not to mention that Mr. I'm a big car guy couldn't even do any of the work himself. Yeah, he's a real car all right. What a complete joke.

5. Nicest DeLorean in existence my ass. Dick bag is obviously totally jealous of other people's cars, because he realizes that no matter how many checks he writes and no matter how many other cars he personally insults online, that his cars will NEVER be as cool as what others have. Farah needs to grow up and get a life.

6. He probably has $70k into his car, and yet, he still couldn't get the doors adjusted to where they close nicely with minimal force??? You've got to be kidding me. What a complete piece of crap. Yeah, nicest DeLorean in existence all right....

7. For the money that Farah has wrapped up into his car, I could have both a concours car and a fully customized performance car that's way nicer and way faster than his is, and would probably still have a few dollars in my bank account. And yet, dickhead would probably still see fit to insult my cars if ever saw them in online YouTube videos, because it's what he does. The dude is complete dick goblin.

8. Matt Farah is a jackass, plain and simple. I think that most people in our community could give a rat's ass about his little crackerjack toy of a car.

Just remember - you asked what I thought
    Last edited by NightFlyer; 07-07-2014 at 04:20 PM.

My VIN:    4608- sold 4885- current

Quote Originally Posted by NightFlyer View Post
    1. Matt Farah is a douche bag.

2. Apparently shit for brains doesn't even clean his own cars, and the guy that he hires to do it for him can't even wipe off the front fascia before parking it and lending it out for a video review - and yet, rubberneck sees fit to being ultra critical of other's pride and joys. You've got to be freakin kidding me. What a total ass hat.

3. Yeah, the door fly's up on ass clown's car all right - hope he's vastly familiar with the roof box bolt down procedure. What a schlep rock.

4. Stage II blows chunks and doesn't impress me one bit - dubious ignition (that Josh B actually dyno'd and showed that it actually reduced horsepower output), cams, and an exhaust. Oh, and a 'cold air induction' system (a $20 plastic flex pipe that connects the pontoon air intake directly to the air cleaner and eliminates the stove pipe and hot air valve - jerky probably paid $1,500+ for that awesome bit of kit). Loser. Not to mention that Mr. I'm a big car guy couldn't even do any of the work himself. Yeah, he's a real car all right. What a complete joke.

5. Nicest DeLorean in existence my ass. Dick bag is obviously totally jealous of other people's cars, because he realizes that no matter how many checks he writes and no matter how many other cars he personally insults online, that his cars will NEVER be as cool as what others have. Farah needs to grow up and get a life.

6. He probably has $70k into his car, and yet, he still couldn't get the doors adjusted to where they close nicely with minimal force??? You've got to be kidding me. What a complete piece of crap. Yeah, nicest DeLorean in existence all right....

7. For the money that Farah has wrapped up into his car, I could have both a concours car and a fully customized performance car that's way nicer and way faster than his is, and would probably still have a few dollars in my bank account. And yet, dickhead would probably still see fit to insult my cars if ever saw them in online YouTube videos, because it's what he does. The dude is complete dick goblin.

8. Matt Farah is a jackass, plain and simple. I think that most people in our community could give a rat's ass about his little crackerjack toy of a car.

Just remember - you asked what I thought

So, dislike this guy you do?

Banned

My VIN:    1798

Quote Originally Posted by alexwolf1216 View Post
    So, dislike this guy you do?
    You have to understand the context - he ripped on a fellow owner's pride and joy while acting superior about his, despite the FACT that the owner of that car did most of his own work on a budget and isn't yet done with all the projects that he wants to accomplish on his car, while all Farah does is write checks, and yet still sees fit to hurl out insults about other's cars. Not to mention that the owner of this car actually drives his car on a regular/frequent basis (and lives where winter is actually experienced), unlike Farah with his car, which is essentially a garage queen if it only sees a few thousand miles a year - especially considering that the douche lives in southern CA where it's completely feasible to drive the car year round.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhAlWTyviKA

Check the comments - a user asked if this was Farah's car, to which he replies:

"TheSmokingTire: No, mine is nice. This one is pretty shanty."

It's totally the Ed Bernstein attitude, alive and well and on full display. And for those in the know, this how most of the community feels about that (as seen at this year's DeLorean Car Show in Dayton, OH)....

Attached Images
    Last edited by NightFlyer; 07-07-2014 at 05:28 PM.

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by NightFlyer View Post
    Check the comments - a user asked if this was Farah's car, to which he replies:

"TheSmokingTire: No, mine is nice. This one is pretty shanty."
    I just looked at that YouTube comment train. Wow, not cool.

My VIN:    4519

I'm a new owner, but I didn't need to re-learn good manners when I joined the community and I consider it very bad form to bash another guy's car.

Everyone I met online and at DCS has been classy, helpful & respectful.....Matt doesn't seem to me like he'd fit that description.

My VIN:    4456 - Owner since March 2011

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by refugeefromcalif View Post
    I learned something new. I didn't know that my door locks are Hydraulic... LOL.
    Also, My doors don't Bounce when they hit the top like they want to keep going. (Thankfully).

George
    Not to mention the info about the doors straps... I had no idea they were moved in the '83 because it was wearing on the "leather" handles.

I was always under the impression that the straps were added to the foam/vinyl door pulls after it was concluded that some people would have trouble reaching the handles. And that the both '82-'83 models had them integrated into the arm rest.

I wonder what the 3rd style he alluded to was?
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast