FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Regular Car Review back for Round 2 with a Stage 2.

Banned

My VIN:    1798

As far as the actual RCR review goes, I actually prefer the first one with the "shanty" DeLorean much better - the wit and humor is a million fold better in the first review.

As a side note, I'm betting that the restraint in this video had to do with not wanting Farah to take something said in jest the wrong way, which implies that while Farah can dish out the insults, he probably takes issue with receiving them, making him even worse than just your typical douche.

I know that many owners were looking forward to seeing him participate on the forums when he first bought his car, but given his attitude, I'm glad that he doesn't, as I'm not sure that I'd be able to restrain myself if he were (in which case, I'd probably end up banned again, at least on this forum anyway).

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Josh pretty much summed up my feelings too. I am helipilot27 on that comment wagon.

Stage 2 does not make 215hp...maybe, just maybe 196 at the crank(DMCH claim) which will translate to around 160-170 bhp with a manual.

Was I the only one waiting for him to rip that open drivers door off when he was in the garage?
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

I'm a little confused; why is Matt Farah famous? Was he on a show on TV or is he just a YouTube video personality? The only reason I know who he is is because of the infamous "worlds fastest Delorean" video. But that's it; and honestly, that could have been any Joe Shmo in that video and I probably would have remembered. Is he actually famous for other reasons or just for a lot of YouTube posts? Kind of reminds me of Joey Gowdy...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    I'm a little confused; why is Matt Farah famous? Was he on a show on TV or is he just a YouTube video personality? The only reason I know who he is is because of the infamous "worlds fastest Delorean" video. But that's it; and honestly, that could have been any Joe Shmo in that video and I probably would have remembered. Is he actually famous for other reasons or just for a lot of YouTube posts? Kind of reminds me of Joey Gowdy...
    He has a few celebrity friends, like Adam Carolla. He was on a few Speed TV shows that were short lived, and a co-host of the never aired Bullrun III reality tv series. Other than that, it's just his internet stuff, that I'm aware of anyway. So yeah, almost exactly like Joey Gowdy

BTW - It would appear that his awesome big money restoration DeLorean started on fire recently and needed to be towed....

http://www.thesmokingtire.com/2014/t...en-i-delorean/

He really does make a big deal about how nice (he perceives) his car is.

See how annoying that is Josh?

.....says the guy with the freaking wall mural tribute to his car as a sig.
    Last edited by Michael; 07-07-2014 at 10:15 PM.

Banned

Out of morbid curiosity, I listened to the pod cast, and it turns out that his power radio antenna's wiring shorting out is what caused the fire. Hmm, who was it that it just recently denounced the power antennas on this forum again, and advocated for the practicality, durability, usability, and simplicity of the fender mounted antennas, thank you very much (in my very best Bill Robertson)....

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?10...l=1#post149126

I rest my case

My VIN:    3299

I think what is so frustrating about Matt is he releases this video that says "World's Fastest DeLorean" which is TOTALLY misleading. The dang thing NEVER gets very fast in the video at all, and all it does is break down. It put yet another black eye on our car's image.

Then, he goes and spends some serious mad money for that restoration. Now, this is where he could have been the hero of the day, but instead he stays exclusively away from our community - fine that is his choice, no biggie - and then goes to blast another owner's car in the Regular Car Reviews, which was a vile thing to do within our small community.

Now in this video, on top of all that, he mentions how his car makes 200+ HP. Ok, MAYBE at the crankshaft - maybe....DMCH advertised 197HP for so long it's practically ingrained into our heads. In a previous thread, Steven Wynne flat out says that the Stage 3 Supercharger DeLorean has 157.5 HP at the wheels - so I am failing to understand how a Stage 2 could possibly beat that. That makes logistically no sense at all - both by automotive design and financial viability of purchasing a S2 or a S3.

Overall, I avoid his videos. There's a "bait and switch" feel about his personality that I do not like.

Aforementioned Stage 3 numbers thread: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?25...ll=1#post33984
    DMCTalk.org Moderator

Actual snippet of a conversation from Sept 2013:

Me: Eddie, I can't wait to get the car back when you're done with it.

Eddie: Yeah, you'll be able to give the car gas, and it won't be - like - embarrassing....

Quote Originally Posted by NightFlyer View Post
    Out of morbid curiosity, I listened to the pod cast, and it turns out that his power radio antenna's wiring shorting out is what caused the fire. Hmm, who was it that it just recently denounced the power antennas on this forum again, and advocated for the practicality, durability, usability, and simplicity of the fender mounted antennas, thank you very much (in my very best Bill Robertson)....

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?10...l=1#post149126

I rest my case
    You are missing the point...it looks much better. If you are going to get gun shy over a little fire that may or may not trap you in the car and burn you to death then you shouldn't be driving a Delorean. It's all about looks and one Internet personality once said "Hey, you make a few sacrifices(like being burned alive) if you want to look this cool".

Seen the crash test of a Delorean? It's not something I would be very keen on experiencing. Again, another sacrifice of safety and well being to look cool.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    He really does make a big deal about how nice (he perceives) his car is.

See how annoying that is Josh?

.....says the guy with the freaking wall mural tribute to his car as a sig.
    At least we're in good company with each other

Unlike Mr. Farah, we at least have manners and some degree of humility/modesty. Not to mention that we actually work on and clean our cars ourselves.

And I only make a big deal about how original my car is while still being completely reliably driven. The pontificators and prevaricators constantly lecture me about how one of the stock/OEM components on my car is going to fail and leave me stranded. Well, Farah paid big money to get his car into 100% reliable/dependable streetable condition, put less miles on it since the restoration (500 according to his podcast) than I put on my car during DCS weekend alone (over 900 miles), and his car is the one that ended up needing a tow truck ride.

Yeah...

God, I'm starting to sound like Bill (even more so than usual)....

My VIN:    TBA@LaterDate

Lightbulb Go Joshy! Go Joshy! :mechbull:

Josh, Wow, and I thought Louis imitated Bill a lot. If imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, Bill must be REALLY flattered by you. How could he ever think you are an asshole? You sound JUST like him. Maybe you ARE Bill?!?

But don't get me wrong, I LOVE what you expressed here!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast