FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Regular Car Review back for Round 2 with a Stage 2.

Banned

My VIN:    1798

Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean03 View Post
    I think what is so frustrating about Matt is he releases this video that says "World's Fastest DeLorean" which is TOTALLY misleading. The dang thing NEVER gets very fast in the video at all, and all it does is break down. It put yet another black eye on our car's image.

Then, he goes and spends some serious mad money for that restoration. Now, this is where he could have been the hero of the day, but instead he stays exclusively away from our community - fine that is his choice, no biggie - and then goes to blast another owner's car in the Regular Car Reviews, which was a vile thing to do within our small community.

Now in this video, on top of all that, he mentions how his car makes 200+ HP. Ok, MAYBE at the crankshaft - maybe....DMCH advertised 197HP for so long it's practically ingrained into our heads. In a previous thread, Steven Wynne flat out says that the Stage 3 Supercharger DeLorean has 157.5 HP at the wheels - so I am failing to understand how a Stage 2 could possibly beat that. That makes logistically no sense at all - both by automotive design and financial viability of purchasing a S2 or a S3.

Overall, I avoid his videos. There's a "bait and switch" feel about his personality that I do not like.

Aforementioned Stage 3 numbers thread: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?25...ll=1#post33984
    Yeah, that whole 'world's fastest' thing was never all that convincing to me. Perhaps it was at one time with the original Gale Banks setup before it was hacked, but we'll never know for sure, as is the case with most of such claims. Hell, at the time the video was shot, I definitely think that Cineman's car would have run circles around that car - no doubt in my mind.

Farah is all about mis-direction - he presents the persona of a regular, humble, down-to-earth actual car guy, but in reality, it's all just smoke and mirrors. In many ways, Joey Gowdy may be more real than Matt Farah.

As to DMCH's severe exaggeration of the power benefits of their 'stage' performance upgrades, well, that's a whole other matter which has already been covered here ad nauseum. Why Farah and others like to propagate and promote such obvious misinformation is quite simply beyond my ability to comprehend it, unless of course they really do want to believe....

My VIN:    TBA@LaterDate

Wow, watching that video was a waste of ... Just about everything. I think I lost a few brain cells there.

I'm sure Nick R's Corvette engine Delorean is much faster than this guy Matt's!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    You are missing the point...it looks much better. If you are going to get gun shy over a little fire that may or may not trap you in the car and burn you to death then you shouldn't be driving a Delorean. It's all about looks and one Internet personality once said "Hey, you make a few sacrifices(like being burned alive) if you want to look this cool".

Seen the crash test of a Delorean? It's not something I would be very keen on experiencing. Again, another sacrifice of safety and well being to look cool.
    In all honesty, I don't think a fender mount looks all that bad - it's actually not that noticeable. Even more so if you have the manually retractable type. However, what the car should have had from the factory, being European built, is a center front roof mounted antenna.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RoyHinkley View Post
    Josh, Wow, and I thought Louis imitated Bill a lot. If imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, Bill must be REALLY flattered by you. How could he ever think you are an asshole? You sound JUST like him. Maybe you ARE Bill?!?

But don't get me wrong, I LOVE what you expressed here!
    A lot of people on this forum thought that I was Bill using a bogus account when I first started participating here, which I'm pretty sure led to my being place on moderated status, just prior to my outright banning.

Hell, every time I've called DMCMW and Dave picked up the phone, he thought that I was Bill before I corrected him.

Personality wise, (as well as vocally, apparently) Bill and I are a lot alike, which is probably why he thought I was an asshole and didn't want to room with me at DCS.

But I LOVE Bill and he knows it (or at least he should). I consider him to be part of my family
    Last edited by NightFlyer; 07-08-2014 at 01:24 AM.

Banned

Another thing that pisses me off is that Farah was invited to enter his DeLorean in the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance, not because of his car, but simply because of who he is. His car belongs no where near a true concours as it has been highly modified. What a joke Pebble Beach just proved itself as being by inviting him and his car there....

My VIN:    4519

Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean03 View Post

Then, he goes and spends some serious mad money for that restoration. Now, this is where he could have been the hero of the day, but instead he stays exclusively away from our community - fine that is his choice, no biggie - and then goes to blast another owner's car in the Regular Car Reviews, which was a vile thing to do within our small community.
    Totally agree with this.

My guess is that since he's the type of guy who inults another guy's car (and doesn't apologize or try to pull it back,) he's also the type of guy who thinks he's "too cool" to be a part of this community.....imagine for yourselves what he says amongst friends when they ask why he didn't go to the Delorean convention.

It's OK with me if he lacks humility, nobody is perfect. In fact, I'll drop the humility to say: I'm likely cooler than he is, and I likely would pound him out in a cagefight.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    In fact, I'll drop the humility to say: I'm likely cooler than he is, and I likely would pound him out in a cagefight.
    Yeah, but what you fail to mention, and what is only known by a select few owners, myself included, is that you're really Willem Dafoe

My VIN:    4519

It's OK with me if he lacks humility, nobody is perfect. In fact, I'll drop the humility to say: I'm likely cooler than he is, and I likely would pound him out in a cagefight.
    Addendum: Apologizes for being a keyboard warrior, not my usual MO but seemed to be appropriate in this case.

Addendum: Apologizes for being a keyboard warrior, not my usual MO but seemed to be appropriate in this case.
    Right there with you Rich!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast