FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How To: Regraining SS by hand.

My VIN:    01955

How To: Regraining SS by hand.

I posted this up on FB, but here it is for those who aren't linked. A few have asked me to make a video and I had to do the other side, so thought why not.

Some may tell me that I am doing it wrong or maybe the technique is not effective. Please tell me. No one here in Australia had done it and even though my car I believe is in excellent condition, there were a few small scratches and also dark and shiny spots that needed attention. So I thought, what the hell, give it a go.

So far though, she looks really good when I finished it on Saturday afternoon. Probably needs a little more with the blending pad.

Didn't have the balls to try the bonnet. Plus trying to run straight lines was hard enough, like the roof. I didn't show in the video, but I had to redo it due to wonky lines and this time, I used masking tap as guide lines to help me. Then it came out top notch.

I did see a video somewhere that an owner set up a jig to regrain the bonnet. It was awesome, but how often would you regrain a bonnet?

Banned

My VIN:    1798

Your car looks FANTASTIC!

Great video how to - thanks for making it and sharing it

Quote Originally Posted by NightFlyer View Post
    Your car looks FANTASTIC!

Great video how to - thanks for making it and sharing it
    Thanks man! Hope you guys understand my accent. A bit mangled with the Aussie and British background.

I said to my Mrs, I must had a stroke as my mouth was a little twisted when I talk. She slapped me. LOL!

My VIN:    3886

Club(s):   (DMA)

I started watching this video and thought WTF? and nightflyer said good job? am I missing something? then I watched a little longer and got to the real video. nice. impressive.

I am still looking for sandpaper that you use on a circular saw though...

tony

Quote Originally Posted by acaciolo View Post
    I started watching this video and thought WTF? and nightflyer said good job? am I missing something? then I watched a little longer and got to the real video.
    tony
    HAHA!!

I had to add Kevin in there.

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by SIMid View Post
    HAHA!!

It's like painting a fine art.
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

Banned

HAHA!!

It's the production quality (including the Universal logo splash and Kevin) which made the whole thing entertaining, on top of being informative

Notice no BTTF referrence? Must be a first! LOL!

Banned

Kevin and his video have achieved 'legendary' status within the community - to not include him would have been blasphemous

Club(s):   (PNDC)

I posted this up on FB, but here it is for those who aren't linked. A few have asked me to make a video and I had to do the other side, so thought why not.

Some may tell me that I am doing it wrong or maybe the technique is not effective. Please tell me. No one here in Australia had done it and even though my car I believe is in excellent condition, there were a few small scratches and also dark and shiny spots that needed attention. So I thought, what the hell, give it a go.

So far though, she looks really good when I finished it on Saturday afternoon. Probably needs a little more with the blending pad.

Didn't have the balls to try the bonnet. Plus trying to run straight lines was hard enough, like the roof. I didn't show in the video, but I had to redo it due to wonky lines and this time, I used masking tap as guide lines to help me. Then it came out top notch.

I did see a video somewhere that an owner set up a jig to regrain the bonnet. It was awesome, but how often would you regrain a bonnet?
    Wow, great video. And what a nice mumbling sound of the engine when you do the walk around at the end. I like your engine sound!
    - Volker Seidel -

The way I see it, if you're gonna drive around in a car, why not do it with some style?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast