FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Retaining oem chrysler engine management on 3.0 swap??? anyone done it?

My VIN:    SCEDT26TXCD010186

Retaining oem chrysler engine management on 3.0 swap??? anyone done it?

after reviewing some wiring diagrams on the monacos oem ecm, it appears to me that simply retaining the wiring and computer from the monaco would be fairly simple to just wire up what i need to get it live. or am i one of the lucky people who just happens to have an entire running donor car?

Banned

My VIN:    1798

My VIN:    1768

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Well as mentioned in another thread, the main issue is the crank signal sensor location and trigger wheel. On the Eagle its mounted to the flex plate in the bell housing, Someone has tried swaping this to a manual D bellhousing but wasnt successful, An alternative and what I would do it make a smaller trigger wheel that goes off the crank pulley.

With that sorted you are still left with a 25+ year old French computer system that may not be very adaptable to other mods you end up doing like exhaust or intake or cams/ etc. An what if the ECU breaks? shorted out by accident? May be difficult to get another, All im saying I'd stay away from French electronics when there are newer more well known alternatives. But if you could figure it out, you might become legend