FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Mercedes-Benz C 111 historic prototype with gullwing doors

My VIN:    05141

nah-ah,
    Such seldom cars belong in a museum or a place where they are preserved.
    One error with some other driver and the car is lost forever.

Problem is people think these protoypes are worth a fortune so no museum can afford them, so this is what happens, provate persons buy them and evetually do stupid things.
    A drive, ok, if doen respectfully, and just to keep it in condition, but not a rallye....

I know the D proto is for sale, If I had the cash and the place I'd buy it with the promise to keep it safe, it would never be put on the road... ever.

Jan

Steering with power

My VIN:    04610

In my opinion, a car is 'preserved' when it's used for what it's made for, and that's driving it. I could never buy a car (any car) and just look at it in the garage ; that's not what it's made for! Besides, you do more damage to a car by NOT driving it!

Another example: the original Ferrari 250 GTO ; today it's worth millions and still the owners don't hesitate to drive (and even race) it. Because that's what it's made to do! And they have crashed quite a few of those, haven't they? This is the lastest I know of: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...car-crash.html

Anyway, each to his own, but I rather drive a car than make it a garagequeen ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2