FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Personal car related news

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Quote Originally Posted by Roman Legion View Post
    Galleons had stick shift? I thought they were just made of sticks.
    Of course they had.

The hard part was finding an ocean with a hill.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Club(s):   (DCF)

There's a blue first gen insight for sale near me for $7k. It's probably only worth 5 in my opinion. If I had the cash to burn I'd buy it in a heart beat.
    Former Owner : 4875

I don't want to be part of the Human race Roman Legion's Avatar

My VIN:    VIN in progress.

Club(s):   (DCVA) (LVDG) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    There's a blue first gen insight for sale near me for $7k. It's probably only worth 5 in my opinion. If I had the cash to burn I'd buy it in a heart beat.
    A citrus one like mine in good condition, $7k is reasonable, blue, depending on condition, I'd say $5-6k. I love this car, last time I filled up was over 400 miles ago and I still have 1/2 tank to burn..lol

I've only ever seen one other Insight 'in the wild', which is interesting considering how used to seeing other Mustangs, I'd always be like "Hey, another person out in their Mustang" but now I have a reason to be more excited if I ever run into another Insight. I got more compliments in the short time since owning this car than I ever did in the Mustang. My car now just looks strange, like the DeLorean, doesn't fit the look of the vehicles around it.

Someone in my class asked about my Insight and I showed them a picture of the MPG and trip odometer and how much fuel was still in the tank, and it just blew their mind. If this were 2000 when the car was new, I'd be able to fill it for around $11 based on the amount I pumped last time.

I'm planning on going to Frederick, MD this weekend to visit my friend, I really hope for three things, first being I-70 to be flat, little to no hills; second being, nobody hits my car, bunch of crazy drivers everywhere and last, I really hope for no traffic. I am wondering if in Virginia and Maryland if my Insight is legal in the HOV lane alone like it apparently is in other states.

I'm way happier with my manual transmission, rather than a boring automatic. I would love to put the rostra cruise control in, but it would really sap my fuel, resulting in worse MPG when I hit hills. Flat, wouldn't be bad, but on hills trying to maintain speed, no way.
    Last edited by Roman Legion; 07-25-2014 at 10:59 PM.

I'm trying to see if anyone on the Insight forums wants to break out the 120 grit and be the first person I've seen to drive around in a bare aluminum Insight. I hope someone over there goes for it, that would be pretty cool to see and would make their car stick out even more.

Alternatively, if anyone here ever decided to get one, you could do it and park it next to your DeLorean for a photo. I like the citrus paint too much to remove it, maybe if the paint goes bad I will, but for now it's great, just a little fading is all.
    Last edited by Roman Legion; 07-30-2014 at 12:41 AM.

Wondering if DeLorean rims would fit on my Insight.. I'd think the DeLorean tires would be way to big for my car, but if it could fit, would make a nice picture..

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

From jalopnik:

http://jalopnik.com/here-s-what-happ...nda-1621059406

including these great lines

The speed thing was especially a problem for us, because we conducted this test in Atlanta, where the speed limit is 55 miles per hour – a number we decided to stay close to for efficiency purposes. Unfortunately, no one in Atlanta goes 55 miles per hour. Little old ladies don't go 55. Church vans don't go 55. Even an illegal immigrant driving a stolen car with a trunk full of cocaine and human body parts would be pushing 70
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    From jalopnik:

http://jalopnik.com/here-s-what-happ...nda-1621059406

including these great lines

The speed thing was especially a problem for us, because we conducted this test in Atlanta, where the speed limit is 55 miles per hour – a number we decided to stay close to for efficiency purposes. Unfortunately, no one in Atlanta goes 55 miles per hour. Little old ladies don't go 55. Church vans don't go 55. Even an illegal immigrant driving a stolen car with a trunk full of cocaine and human body parts would be pushing 70
    If you're trying to hypermile, I just try to keep the average MPG in the mid 60's up here in the mountains and I'm for the most part able to keep up. Sure it gets passed alot, but it's a great car. Even keeping my MPG good going 5 over in this terrain, I can keep it in the 60's. I've never worried or sweated as the writer says, I have a blast in it and it handles so nicely and the steering is so light. The writer forgot about how great a feature the auto stop is among many other overlooked things.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4