FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: DeClock dashboard clock replacement offered

My VIN:    3695

Club(s):   (DCN)

If you like to have one of these clocks, don't wait too long! The pre-ordering will end in a few weeks, as I will need to start putting out parts orders quickly. If you have any questions, just let me know.

I've also added a roadmap for you to see how far I've come and what still needs to be done: DeClock Roadmap

My VIN:    4245

Club(s):   (DMA)

So the dimming control function demonstrated in the video is not just for the clock but all instrumentation?

Any chance of adding a compass function? I would also love to see both the temperature and the compass direction at the same time on the display, if possible. Not a deal breaker.

Really thoughtful product, and adds legitimacy to the size/usefulness of what is essentially just a really large dimmer control. My passengers always ask 'what's that for?'

Quote Originally Posted by PB Co View Post
    So the dimming control function demonstrated in the video is not just for the clock but all instrumentation?

Any chance of adding a compass function? I would also love to see both the temperature and the compass direction at the same time on the display, if possible. Not a deal breaker.

Really thoughtful product, and adds legitimacy to the size/usefulness of what is essentially just a really large dimmer control. My passengers always ask 'what's that for?'
    Yes, the clock has the ability to dim the binnacle instrumentation, as well as the clock display. They are separate settings. All interaction with the clock is done through the dial. I'm still tweaking the interaction of the design a bit (for example, press and rotate to quickly set the dashboard lights, click to start the tripcounter, etc).

A compass would be a great idea, but it would make it much more expensive. I think most people are probably using SatNav for that these days maybe?

Keep the ideas coming. I still have a little time to implement a few. Unless it is really cool, a hardware change is very unlikely because I will have to go to full product testing again. I'm very hesitant to change the PCB so close to production. I hope you understand that. The one thing I'm currently investigating is replacing the coin cell battery (2 years lifetime) to a LiPo battery. Once I can find the proper battery I'll implement that because it is a huge benefit with little impact.

My VIN:    4245

Club(s):   (DMA)

Quote Originally Posted by robvanderveer View Post
    A compass would be a great idea, but it would make it much more expensive. I think most people are probably using SatNav for that these days maybe?
    I'm sure you're right on there. Like I said not a deal breaker, in this modern age it is a bit old fashioned. Is the added cost due to a complex PCB component? Could this option be offered inexpensively as an add-on utilizing a spare input on your design? Not my intention to push this issue, just curious.

My only other input would be to have an option for a changing display. Example, display cycles from temp to time/date every thirty seconds. Perhaps this is already possible or maybe this is a terrible distraction from the road and a bad idea.

Lastly, a pipe dream. How about a 'gear' display for us automatics? Not sure if this is possible in a manual, or at all.

My VIN:    4608- sold 4885- current

Lastly, a pipe dream. How about a 'gear' display for us automatics? Not sure if this is possible in a manual, or at all.
    Love this idea

I've got no clue how to do that on a manual.

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by alexwolf1216 View Post
    Love this idea
    Me too.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Quote Originally Posted by robvanderveer View Post
    I've got no clue how to do that on a manual.
    Done and dusted:

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?88...highlight=gear

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Me too.
    me three
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    Not happening guys. the link you mentioned uses the angle of the shifter to determine the gear on a manual.
    It works by its self depending the agle of the head. (after you have programmed it)
    As the clock is firmly bolted into your car I don't see it tilting (on accelation maybe). I have no access to an AT DeLorean so there's no way for me to build and test it, and using a shifter indicator on a manual is well, like, i don't know. I've been driving stick shift all my life and I've never ever felt the need to have something tell me what gear i'm in. I am very sorry to disappoint you on this idea.

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Rob,

I didn't mean for you to use this info for displaying the gear for a manual, I was just saying that it can be done by another method.

For the AT, all you would need is the ability to accept two 12V input signals from the two shift solenoids. 01= first; 10=second and 11=third (or maybe it is 00=third, but you get the idea.)
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast