FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: DeClock dashboard clock replacement offered

My VIN:    3695

Club(s):   (DCN)

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    Rob,

I didn't mean for you to use this info for displaying the gear for a manual, I was just saying that it can be done by another method.

For the AT, all you would need is the ability to accept two 12V input signals from the two shift solenoids. 01= first; 10=second and 11=third (or maybe it is 00=third, but you get the idea.)
    That info could come in handy. But as i only i have one input pin left, and the board is already very crowded, my guts tell me that this is unfeasible for now. It takes a huge amount of work to include a new hardware feature, and the change would mean a big pushback on the production date.

My suggestion to you all is to focus on software ideas, as i'm able to implement those while the PCB is being fabricated and shipped.

Just a friendly reminder that the ability to order one of these clocks ends on August 1, 2014. Don't miss out.

I received this nice idea to add to the clock: A custom welcome message that scrolls by when you turn on the power. One of these messages will be programmed in the flash-memory, like your VIN number for example. Perhaps I could add the option to select one of 4 different messages or startup animations. What do you think?

12 unit sold so far. I still have a few spots on the pre-order list. Remember my clock is just €125 (with free worldwide shipping). After 1st of August 2014, I will not be able to accept any orders more.

My latest work on this clock includes a larger battery, so the time on your clock should be ok for about 8 years (all you need to do is adjust for DST twice a year) without having to open up the shifter plate. Feel free do disconnect the main battery during winter storage!

I received a few enquiries via PM asking if I would be doing another production run later on. The answer is no: this is your only chance to get one of these clocks.

Only 2 clocks left! (i already counted Chris' order before his post below)
    Last edited by robvanderveer; 07-30-2014 at 04:50 PM.

Formally hmm252000

My VIN:    4099

Club(s):   (PNDC)

I just can't take it anymore, so I caved and ordered one!

One question regarding the dimming. When I looked at PWMs for dimming LEDs, they did so on the ground side which is a problem for the way things are wired (the rheostat is on the positive side). I assume yours is designed to work on the positive side so it's a simple wiring job when installing the display?

One other programming suggestion, make it an option to disable each of the display items. For example, while setting the date or F/C units, have a "dsble" or similar. That way when scrolling through the different items on the display, you don't see ones you are not interested in. It always drives me nuts when using an electronic device that requires scrolling to pass something I never want ever single time I need to select something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris4099 View Post
    I just can't take it anymore, so I caved and ordered one!

One question regarding the dimming. When I looked at PWMs for dimming LEDs, they did so on the ground side which is a problem for the way things are wired (the rheostat is on the positive side). I assume yours is designed to work on the positive side so it's a simple wiring job when installing the display?

One other programming suggestion, make it an option to disable each of the display items. For example, while setting the date or F/C units, have a "dsble" or similar. That way when scrolling through the different items on the display, you don't see ones you are not interested in. It always drives me nuts when using an electronic device that requires scrolling to pass something I never want ever single time I need to select something else.
    Awesome! Thanks for the order.

Of course the dimming is done properly. The ground side stays fixed, no need to run any wiring. Just unplug the rheostat, swap it out with my rotary switch, and connect the plugs. Nothing complex, but for clarity you get an installation manual.

Disabling certain items can be done, but they're only 3 or 4 of 'em, so it's hardly worth it. I'll think about it, i have some spare flash memory. Keep the ideas coming.

Formally hmm252000

My VIN:    4099

Cool, I figured as much with the wiring but wanted to confirm. As for the display items, I thought of that when I saw the year scroll by in the video. I've never needed a year on a clock, so I would consider that a "wasted click". LOL I would imagine there are others that don't need the temp and would just not bother with the external sensor. So they wouldn't want to see it click by every time either.

Looking forward to it being built and shipped!!!

Mostly Harmless... refugeefromcalif's Avatar

My VIN:    6599

I just broke down and bought one. My clock recently started acting up so I figured, What the Hell.

Looking forward to the finished item Rob!

George
    George.

1974 BMW RS90 motorcycle
    1981 DeLorean. Cruise Control, Wings-A-Loft, Eibach springs, Spax shocks, Stage1 exhaust, Manual, Grey and Grooved, LED clock and fixed pulls.
    1993 del Sol S (With a Few, Upgrades)
    2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited

Great! And in the nick of time too.

All preorder slots have been filled. We are sold out. I will now start ordering parts so assembly can start asap. Thank you very much!
    Rob van der Veer

My mods? DeClock, keyless entry, Alpine audio setup, and much more.

My VIN:    4456 - Owner since March 2011

Awesome. Glad you met the goal and can't wait to get mine. My clock just started acting up too so this will be a welcome upgrade.
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast