FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: DeClock dashboard clock replacement offered

My VIN:    7067

Rob, If you not going to make more of these, are you interested in sharing the schematics? Would really like to make one myself if I'm not able to buy one from you.

These looks absolutely great ! Much kudos

My VIN:    3695

Club(s):   (DCN)

I will try to find a way, but first i have to get some other (personal) issues to solve.
    Rob van der Veer

My mods? DeClock, keyless entry, Alpine audio setup, and much more.

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Hi Rob,

I finally installed my DeClock and I noticed that I had to insulate the bottom of the encoder circuit against the bracket that you have to re-attach for automatic cars to divert the shifter cover. I lost the select functionality initially but it worked when I removed the bracket. Pushing to get to set-up worked fine but turning did do nothing. It is now working fine after applying some electrical tape to the bottom of the encoder board.

This might have been posted before but I just wanted to throw it out there. The clock s awesome!!!!!

IMG_0988.jpg
    - Volker Seidel -

The way I see it, if you're gonna drive around in a car, why not do it with some style?

My VIN:    3695

Club(s):   (DCN)

Looking great! on the subject of the encoder making contact with the bracket, maybe you didn't get the project update email i sent to all customers on oct. 31:

All DeClocks have been shipped, and the first clocks are being installed as we speak! I just received some comments about the installation manual from a German customer. I would like to share these with you to make sure everything will work as planned:

- The gap between the green rotary encoder and the rheostat bracket may be too small and it will cause the encoder switch to fail. To make sure that the switch cannot make contact with the bracket, please apply isolation tape to the exposed side of the green encoder switch.
    - The second comment is about the orientation of the same switch. The proper way to install it is sideways, so that the connector pins point directly towards the clock housing. This was the pins will not bend when screwing down the bracket.
    Note that for cars with MANUAL transmission the bracket can be left out. For AUTOMATIC transmission the bracket needs to be reinstalled because it guides the shifter plate from the gear shifter.
    Rob van der Veer

My mods? DeClock, keyless entry, Alpine audio setup, and much more.

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by robvanderveer View Post
    Looking great! on the subject of the encoder making contact with the bracket, maybe you didn't get the project update email i sent to all customers on oct. 31:
    Oh, I probably got that one but did only reference the latest update (the one with the pics). But I figured it out. Thanks for that great product! It was a pleasure driving this morning and knowing what time it is.
    - Volker Seidel -

The way I see it, if you're gonna drive around in a car, why not do it with some style?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8