FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Brand New Reproduction of A/C Decal Early style and later style

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    I think it was the one I had and liked the best. It was shown on facebook. I will see if I can find a photo.
    Thanks Dave,

My current one is version #4. It is not original to the car though, but rather a replacement I bought from Darryl T. 20 years ago. I'm kinda partial to it. I like the crisp outline of the temperature arcs.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    6125

One thing I noticed about the DMCH reproduction is that it's more of a hybrid between versions 5 and 6.

Version 5 is the only one that has the red and blue bars on the "Bi Level" indicator incorrectly swapped so that blue is on top. This was fixed in version 6, and the words Heat and Cool were also removed from the temp setting dial.

DMCH's reproduction has the Version 5 incorrect blue over red indicator for Bi Level mode, but has the Version 6 temp setting dial without the wording. Its hard to tell but it also looks like the size of the text is a little smaller, and the symbols are a bit larger, especially the defrost indicator.

DMCH Repro:

Versions 5 and 6 for comparison:
    Last edited by Mark D; 10-30-2015 at 09:49 AM.

My VIN:    03572

I've got one of the new DMCH decals on order but for some reason they are not shipping yet. When I get it, I can compare the results with my LED board.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

I don't know if there is a set industry standard.

How I look at it is:

Bi-level is the location of the air source.

Upper vents typically blow cold air (blue)
    Lower floor vents blow hot air (red)

To me the temperature arcs are backwards. The arcs should be mirrored
    Cold on left (under) hot on right (over)
    Rotate the dial CCW to turn down the temp and rotate CW to turn up the temp.

I guess it's just the perspective of how I see things in a logical way.

There is no right or wrong, the mechanics of the system are what they are.

If l was the designer of the system, I would change the temperature control. I'm sure back in the day, not much thought was given to it. The designers just used off the shelf mechanicals.

Dennis
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    6125

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    I don't know if there is a set industry standard.

How I look at it is:

Bi-level is the location of the air source.

Upper vents typically blow cold air (blue)
    Lower floor vents blow hot air (red)

To me the temperature arcs are backwards. The arcs should be mirrored
    Cold on left (under) hot on right (over)
    Rotate the dial CCW to turn down the temp and rotate CW to turn up the temp.

I guess it's just the perspective of how I see things in a logical way.

There is no right or wrong, the mechanics of the system are what they are.

If l was the designer of the system, I would change the temperature control. I'm sure back in the day, not much thought was given to it. The designers just used off the shelf mechanicals.

Dennis
    That's a good point about the actual function of the bi-level mode. I had to re-read the users manual to try and figure out which would actually be correct. This is the text from the manual:

BI-LEVEL - In this position and with the temperature control in mid-position, conditioned air is provided to he face level and door vents while conditioned warmer air is provided to the footwells and a lesser amount to the windscreen, Adjusting the temperature control will vary the temperature accordingly.
    It sounds like blue on the top may somewhat correct, although the original drawings for the A/C label do show it as red over blue being correct. You could really interpret it both ways:

Warm on top from the windscreen vent, cool on bottom for the face and door vents.

OR

Cool on top for the face and door vents, warm on bottom for the footwell vents.

My VIN:    04194: 5-Speed, Black Int, 79 Peugeot 604 Manifold, 05052: 5-Speed, Gray Int, 78 Peugeot 604 manifol

PM sent!
    Andrew
    4194 Since 7/98
    5052 Since 7/14

1972 Buick Riviera
    1974 Bricklin SV-1 177
    1982 AMC Eagle SX/4 (4.2 I6, 4 Speed)
    1983 Pontiac Trans Am (Knight Rider Conversion in progress)
    1985 Oldsmobile Toronado (daily driver)

Solex carb and antenna television guru.

"My carbon footprint is bigger than yours!" :-)

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8