FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Brand New Reproduction of A/C Decal Early style and later style

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by ramblinmike View Post
    I completely agree! That's why I like it!

I think modernizing the look of the car takes something away. It's an early-80's car; it should embrace its inherent funky-clunkyness. Its kind of like the automotive equivalent of a perm. See a perm in a picture and the era is automatically understood!

Mike

Yep that is true isn't it. Although I thought the Perm craze was in the Mid to late 70's also. I remember My Step-dad had one back in 74-77 ish.
    Last edited by DMC5180; 07-26-2014 at 04:26 PM.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    00910

Here is my attempt at copying the early outlined bezel style. I've provided links to PNG and GIMP XCF versions of the image below.

Feel free to use this and/or tear it apart. It won't bother me - I have no idea what I'm doing.

If anyone has any idea how I can make this into a usable part for my car, I'd LOVE to talk to you!

Mike
    dmc_ac_bezel_1.jpg

PNG Image
    GIMP File
    Attached Images
    Yeah, it's dirty. I drive it.

My VIN:    2964

Here are pictures of the decals lit up. This is the best I could do. I also have to adjust the colors as you can see.

PLEASE stick to the topic!! I am also open to making the other versions, outlined and blackout versions, providing I have enough buyers and hopefully vendors will be able to help out and buy a bunch at a lower price from me. These 2 are the ones I am starting off with.

SmoothDecal1.jpgSmoothDecal2.jpgSmoothDecal3.jpgSmoothDecal4.jpgTexturedDecal1.jpgTexturedDecal2.jpgTexturedDecal3.jpgTexturedDecal4.jpg
    Billy C. VIN: 2964

"Trying to Live the Dream!"

"If you're gonna own a DeLorean, why not build it with some style?"

http://www.facebook.com/billy.chingas.7

My VIN:    06960

Sold.
    Jim Reeve
    DMC6960

D-Status: - Getting some Spring exercise

My VIN:    03572

Nice looking result. I would like the red to be a darker red so as not to light up pink.

So is the front side just the clear and all the colored and black is on the back side? Just would not want fingernails to be able to scratch off any black.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    00910

They do look great.

Sorry about the off-topic posts.

I was excited.

Yeah, it's dirty. I drive it.

My VIN:    6679

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    Nice looking result. I would like the red to be a darker red so as not to light up pink.

So is the front side just the clear and all the colored and black is on the back side? Just would not want fingernails to be able to scratch off any black.
    My thoughts are exactly the same as Dave - the red lights up too washed out, and curious about which side the printing has been applied. Otherwise they look phenomenal, absolutely outstanding work!

Dave what do you think about that intense amount of green impacting those of us with blue backlighting?
    Chris

My VIN:    16793

Club(s):   (DMA) (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by jawn101 View Post
    WOW, that is an incredible find.
    I bought that and just arrived... Pretty spiffy! Not sure there is any more info than the pictures already provided, but looks very cool in a frame

The most interesting part is that it talks about the "blackout" decal. Basically mentions a thin black layer over the original. You could easily mimick this with a laser print on back of a textured poly and spray glued. Easy breezy,
    Last edited by kajcienski; 08-08-2014 at 11:10 PM.
    DeLorean VIN 16793 - 1983
    Loving my power steering!

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by kajcienski View Post
    I bought that and just arrived... Pretty spiffy! Not sure there is any more info than the pictures already provided, but looks very cool in a frame

The most interesting part is that it talks about the "blackout" decal. Basically mentions a thin black layer over the original. You could easily mimick this with a laser print on back of a textured poly and spray glued. Easy breezy,
    Damn dude. I was bidding on it for a while and then the price got WAY outta control.
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by Tillsy View Post
    Dave what do you think about that intense amount of green impacting those of us with blue backlighting?
    Just need to test in front of my LED board but maybe the decals can be made with blue filters also.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast