FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: I finally drove a DMC-12

Club(s):   (DCF)

I finally drove a DMC-12

After owning a massive project car which I should have not parted out and sold(I hate myself for doing so), I finally drove a DMC-12. When I had 4875 I only sat in it and pretended to drive it which I did get trapped in it due to the car locking me inside of it and the torsion bars not being installed(I crawled out of the broken out rear glass)

But man was it a fun drive. I drove to church and back with my wife (I got married BTW) and shes hooked. I knew the PRV wasn't a performance engine but it works for the car and compared to my 04 Cooper S its a little slow.

All I know now is that I'm sort of on the hunt for a car. I've got our two daily drivers that are paid off and my third car which is a project car('78 Mercedes Benz 240D) that I am going to fix up and flip for a nice profit to add to the Delorean fund.

Hopefully I'll be back in a D by the end of the year and their prices make me cry myself to sleep.
    Former Owner : 4875

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

You're kidding me! All those years and you never drove one??

Anyway, good job, and now it's really under your skins, and more importantly, your wife's.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    Current-11572 Former-5444

Don't get discouraged on prices! Lurk on Craigslist and you'll find a good one for the right price. Found both of mine on there. I was shot down quite a few times but I ended up finding my dream D a couple weeks ago and now it's in my driveway. Searched for about a month, about a year off and on before that, before I found it. There's lots of douchebags with cars for sale that are waaaaaay overpriced and balk at any more down to earth offer. Saw one on c'list once that had rust holes in the frame and the guy wanted 30k. Stay focused, and stay determined. You can do it! Living proof right here!

Congrats on the drive. It only makes things worse though!!
    A DeLorean is as it seems; devoid of creature comforts and cup holders. No element distracting driver from road. Gaudy. Elegant. Completely unapologetic. Fully loaded with all the amenities of a bygone era and, for that, it does take one back in time.

My VIN:    10287

Club(s):   (DMA)

Excellent to hear you got to drive the almighty D! Your story reminds me of how I got interested in the DeLorean: my dad's friend had one in his barn that he didn't drive and wouldn't sell but he did let sit in and pretend to drive (I was 11) Finally got my wish when I was 25...

Here's to you getting your DeLorean in the very near future!
    Nick A.

1988 BMW 325is
    1982 DeLorean DMC-12
    1989 Jaguar XJ6

My VIN:    3937

Awesome man! Love these kinds of stories. Everyone seems to have some story about their first experience or when they knew they had to have one.

Never let your dreams die.

(This isn't exactly the right brand, but you get the idea... )

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    <2000

Congrats on driving one! As you are looking for the next Delorean, I'd suggest you include the Delorean dealer in Bonita Springs FL, if you haven't already done so. After six months of researching and searching for my project car, I bought mine there. They offer cars in different levels of restoration.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

My VIN:    4266, Previously 11056

I can say that after 5 years of actively searching and finding my car last week, never stop dreaming. After seeing my first car, it made things way worse for me. After getting to ride in one for the first time, that also made it worse. Good that your wife is on board! Makes things way easier!

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by Kukem View Post
    Good that your wife is on board! Makes things way easier!
    Totally agree!
    - Volker Seidel -

The way I see it, if you're gonna drive around in a car, why not do it with some style?

I'm not buying from DMC-FL, I'm not made of money and I would rather buy a fixer upper but not as bad as 4875. I should have kept that car and swapped in a TDI engine.

I've for to get my '78 240D running so I can sell that or my '04 MINI cooper S to put towards a D. We just got married this year sooo dropping 20k like it's a wedding isn't exactly
    Happening again
    Former Owner : 4875