FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New to the Denver area

My VIN:    3472 (former), 1141

Club(s):   (RMDG) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Smile New to the Denver area

Hello all!

I have just relocated from North Carolina to the Denver area (Aurora, Southlands Mall area specifically) and am interested in finding out who else is in the area, if there are any local events, tech sessions, etc. that happen on a regular basis.

Reply to thread, or feel free to PM me.

Thanks!

Michael Babb
    VIN 1141
    Michael Babb

My VIN:    3472 (former), 1141

Club(s):   (RMDG) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Anyone????
    Michael Babb

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Apparently there are no longer any DeLoreans in Colorado.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

There are a crap ton in Co. The owners know to avoid the confusion and contact DPI directly.
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

My VIN:    04955

Club(s):   (RMDG)

Hi Michael,

I know we connected already in a separate email as being fellow Colorado residents with DeLoreans... Any luck tracking down anyone else in the state?

I thought you might be interested something I stumbled across recently. There is a 1980s-themed pizza restaurant that just opened in Fort Collins. Apparently the owner drives a DeLorean and parks it out in front of the restaurant. The picture in the news article linked below shows it. As soon as I get my fuel system put back together, I plan to drive my car over there to meet him. (I haven't been there yet...) I don't know how long this link will stay valid, but it's still working right now:
    http://www.coloradoan.com/story/mone...lins/16071849/

-Luke

My VIN:    3937

Looks like it is "Totally 80s" Alex, formerly of the Hawaiian islands.

Sounds like a fun place to go for a slice. And hey, if you're out of weed smokin' supplies you can just go next door to the Grow Shop.

My VIN:    5185

I haven't checked DMCTalk for quite awhile. Got busy at work, I guess. We have had an informal club based in the denver Metro area for the last 6 years called Rocky Mountain DeLoreans which has about 8 or so active members and a half dozen others throughout the state. There are more than 20 DeLoreans in the state. Maybe 30. Always running into a new/unknown owner. We used to meet for tech sessions fairly frequently at my old house, which had two garages. Sold that house last year.

We are now trying to set up a shop in north Denver in a warehouse. We have a full club toolkit, a short lift, three-stage compressor, parts washer, media blaster, a spiffy 1990s 4-gas engine analyzer, engine hoist, many extra parts, and decent mechanical knowlege and skills among the members. Hope to have the new shop up running in a month or so. Have to wire the workspace for power and plumb it for water. During the last three months we helped a new owner who purchased a pristine 8K car that had been sitting since 1992 get back on the road. Quite a project, but good results (so far).

Michael Babb has been to the new warehouse, and we look forward to his participation. I think we will be more active once the shop is up and running. Everything now is still in boxes or on pallets. We plan to restore the warehouse owner's 1954 Mercedes 170V in exchange for free rent.

Peter

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
    Peter
    Denver
    VIN 5185

My VIN:    04955

Hi Peter,

I just had a brief phone conversation with Dan last night... I wasn't able to talk long since I was in route for diner plans with the family. I plan to call him back again soon to find out how I might be able to get more involved in the future. The warehouse in North Denver sounds like a great resource and space for the club. I can't wait to see it. Fortunately, North Denver isn't too far from Fort Collins. BTW, do you happen to know if any other RMD club members are up in the Fort Collins / Loveland area?

I've got many simultaneous projects in-process on my car right now, but if it all goes as planned I should have it on the road again within 2-3 weeks. It would be great to have some local folks to compare notes with and share technical advice. I would be fun to help with other project too as time allows.

Here's a quick list of what I'm doing on my car:
    • Almost complete fuel system rebuild... (New pump & sender, accumulator, filter. Rebuild/Clean for the fuel distributor, injectors, WUR, etc...)
    • New silicon engine vacuum lines.
    • Cold air intake conversion.
    • Replace fuse block. (Old was melted in a couple places.)
    • LED upgrade on all interior and almost all exterior lighting.
    • New DIN radio, face plate, fascia decal, and upper heater vents. (Previous ones damaged/stolen due to break-in/theft.)
    • Headlight switch upgrade.
    • New turn signal switch assembly. (Little internal plastic piece to hold the high beam position had broken.)
    • Clean/Re-dye most of the gray vinyl. (Since I had it all pulled out anyway.)
    • Replace headliner.
    • New leather shift boot and SS frame.
    • I probably be ordering new seat covers... Haven't pulled the trigger yet, however.

Things I don't know how to tackle yet:
    • Last time I drove the car (maybe 5 years ago) I noticed what felt like the clutch slipping. We'll see what happens when I get it running again. I don't look forward to a clutch replacement.
    • One major and one minor crack in the rear louvres. I've never done fiberglass repair before.
    • AC system conversion? I'm guess that my original R12 system has leaked away to empty by now, but I'm not sure yet.

-Luke

My VIN:    5185

Luke, we can help with some of your untackled to-do item. Matt of our club is a good, and licensed, A/C man. We do know of a few northern Colo owners, but I am not sure of their current status. Call Dan back and give him your info. We'll have a tech day and will become more organized one the shop is up and running.

Peter.
    Peter
    Denver
    VIN 5185

My VIN:    11749

Add another "DMC in CO" to the list, as I'll soon have VIN 11749 here in Lone Tree! The car is my father-in-law's, and he's had it since 1990. He's ready to move on, but wants to keep it in the family, so he's giving it to me given I care a ton about cars and car history. I'm trailering it up from FL over the next two weeks and can't wait to get my hands on it for the first cleaning and first drive. From talking to my FIL, I think the car's mostly original, and in really good shape (less than 20K miles).

I am not a mechanic so I may be reaching out to a few on this thread for some help. I'm assuming the car may need some at-altitude adjustments but I'll dive into the forums to learn more before outreaching blindly.

Look forward to meeting up with any fellow Denver-area DMC-ers in the near future!

-Rob
    '82 DeLorean
    '65 Corvette Convertible
    '65 Mustang Convertible

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast