FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: DMOCO Shifter plate

My VIN:    2964

DMOCO Shifter plate

Hi all,

I had posted on the old forum that I was looking for a 5-speed shifter plate from DMOCO. They stopped making them. I just checked their webpage they are also sold out on the 5-speed shifter balls.

Anyone have a 5-speed shifter plate or combo???

Thank you,

Billy
    Billy C. VIN: 2964

"Trying to Live the Dream!"

"If you're gonna own a DeLorean, why not build it with some style?"

http://www.facebook.com/billy.chingas.7

My VIN:    05141

PM sent

John

My VIN:    2681

Club(s):   (DMA)

I had heard a rumor they were going to reproduce them again at some point, but slightly updated so that the panel didn't score your shifter? Anyone remember this?

I remember hearing that also, but don't know when it is happening. I hope it is real soon, need a shifter plate and knob!!

"Former Delorean owning Guru" Spittybug's Avatar

My VIN:    Formerly 2329

Can I get someone to get me a measured (hopefully 1:1) drawing of the gate? Or just a tracing? I've been wanting to try making one of these out of aluminum (gentler on stick and can be brushed and sealed to be virtually indistinguishable from SS) with a friend of mine that is a wiz at such things. I also a big fan of exotic woods and might try a high polish, black ebony. Or maybe even a hybrid of both.............
    Thanks.
    Owen
    I.Brew.Beer.

I would consider selling mine. It's neat, but it makes shifting more difficult than the standard boot.

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood2311 View Post
    I would consider selling mine. It's neat, but it makes shifting more difficult than the standard boot.
    You still want to sell yours??

Thank you!!

Current custodian of 2109 Ozzie's Avatar

My VIN:    2109

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood2311 View Post
    Huh? I thought just the opposite when I drove with it installed. There was even a big improvement in finding Reverse, because, well you could see where to need to take the stick to and typically the boot crunches up and and sometimes adds resistance, to move for R. All other stick positions were dead on, on my set up and plate.

I took it off over a year ago to go back to stock for a while, someday I'll put it back on.
    Personal Blog: DeLorean Ownership & Upkeep (Yeah, it hasn't been updated in a while, but some good stuff there if you look.)
    ->Last posting:"Smooth shifting on a 30+ year old car."
    ->Most read posting:"Going 100% LEDs on your car is a good idea, and more feasible than ever."

DPI Josh said he was gong to be making these. but not sure of when or quality. So far any of his SS products are unfinished and raw material. Perhaps he can chime in and update us?

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzie View Post
    Huh? I thought just the opposite when I drove with it installed. There was even a big improvement in finding Reverse, because, well you could see where to need to take the stick to and typically the boot crunches up and and sometimes adds resistance, to move for R. All other stick positions were dead on, on my set up and plate.

I took it off over a year ago to go back to stock for a while, someday I'll put it back on.
    Looks wise, it's great. Operation-wise....not so much. It hinders getting into and out of certain gears, and there's been several times where I thought I was in reverse, and the lever was in the reverse slot on the shift gate....but I wasn't in reverse. With the boot, that never happened. Probably a good reason why the car came with a boot and not a flashy Ferrari-style shift gate.
    Last edited by hollywood2311; 08-18-2011 at 08:31 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast