FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Wont start hot or cold. No humming noise in console when key is turned on

Wont start hot or cold. No humming noise in console when key is turned on

My car will not start hot or cold. When I turn the key on before starting the car I do not hear the center console humming like it used to. I also removed the fuel relay and used a jumper. I hear the fuel pump running but the car still will not start. What should I check for now?

Thanks in advance

My VIN:    03572

Is the motor cranking over at normal speed?
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Yes sir. Brand new battery installed that day!

My VIN:    3937

Which humming noise are you describing Corey?

Fuel pump humming (from beyond console)? Blower motor humming (from under/to the right of console)? Frequency valve in engine bay humming/buzzing?

I wasn't sure if you meant you removed the fuel relay after the problems started as part of your troubleshooting or before for some other reason and you're wondering why the car won't run with your jumper in place?

Is there anything else you know of on your car not as designed that recently changed to fill in the gaps/info?

EDIT: the fuel pump won't always prime when you turn the key to accessories. Not sure how random it is, but it's not an every time kind of thing.

If the fuel pump is running, then you probably need to start looking for why you're aren't getting spark. Check your coil and resistor connections and the usual suspects back there.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Unfortunately no Spark. I replaced the coil with a DMCH old stock bosch coil about a year ago. I wonder if that is the problem. How should I diagnose?

My VIN:    3937

Visually first. Do the connections at the coil, bulkhead and ballast resistor look damaged or loose in any way? Post photos of those three spots if you want a second pair of eyes to help look.

Is there anything else electrical in your car not working? If you turn the key to accessories what happens? Are some of the warning lights on your dash lit when you do this? Interior lights, stereo, windows, taillights, etc.? Is all that other stuff ok? It should all work without the engine running and being just off the battery.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

My money is on he little white connector from the ECU to the coil, right next to the firewall. I bet it's loose.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9