FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: VIN 5965 Gray 5 Speed for Sale in Kansas City MO

My VIN:    16113

Club(s):   (SCDC) (DCUK)

VIN 5965 Gray 5 Speed for Sale in Kansas City MO

DSCF4709.jpgDSCF4700.jpgDSCF4706.jpgI spent some time looking at a Delorean in Kansas City, MO that is for sale. It's VIN 5965 and has a gray interior and is a 5 speed. Lined hood but no gas flap. The body panels looked very good except for the left front fender that had a couple of slight dents but they looked like they could be easily fixed. The facias were in excellent shape. The interior looked like they were in good condition, no crackes in the dash or binnacle. Seats were in good condition. Doors opened fine and were not sagging. The headliner needs to be replaced.The car has approximately 25,000 miles, speedo cable is not working. The car has the fuelzilla. Clutch master and slave cylinder recently replaced. Shocks and fuel pump recently replaced. Radio antennae stuck in up position. Radio has been replaced but the owner has the original. AC blew cold. The car started immediately and idled very smooth. There appeared to be some surface rust on the front extension. There appears to be a slight oil leak. I did not drive the car so I don't know how it handles.Overall I thought the car looked very nice and it appeared to be in good condition. The owner is asking $18,000. Call Bert at 816-966-9735 if interested.

I don't want to be part of the Human race Roman Legion's Avatar

My VIN:    VIN in progress.

Club(s):   (DCVA) (LVDG) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Very dirty.. If I may make an observation.. Clean the car for the photos you are presenting to a potential buyer as people want to see themselves in the car and dirt does not appeal to the imagination, unless you are picturing yourself in an off-road vehicle. Good luck with your sale.

Club(s):   (DCH)

A few more pictures ??

Regards

MIke
    Bozzzy | DCUK 003 | VIN 5740 | Yorkshire, UK

Builder of the first Delorean Time Machine

My VIN:    2072

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

I don't think the person posting this is the owner. Or at least, he claims not to be

I agree though, if he were the owner, he would probably want to clean it before trying to sell it!

--buddy

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

lazabby is in Houston.

He is Shannon, keeper of the vin list, and no Bert
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Quote Originally Posted by bozzzydmc View Post
    A few more pictures ??

Regards

MIke
    Here they are.
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Roman Legion View Post
    Very dirty.. If I may make an observation.. Clean the car for the photos you are presenting to a potential buyer as people want to see themselves in the car and dirt does not appeal to the imagination, unless you are picturing yourself in an off-road vehicle. Good luck with your sale.
    I'm not the seller. I dropped in on the guy unannounced. We had never met before. Someone else told me where one was located and I drove until I found it.

Just my 1 cent worth, 18K? I don't think so! I was thinking 8K.

I went by and visited Bert today unannounced. I saw him last year on May 25th so it's been a year. It sounds like he will take less than $18K. Interesting thing, he said that he has only started the car once since I've seen him last year. He had taken out the battery a few months ago because it had gone bad and had gotten a new battery but it wasn't installed. While I was there he installed the battery and then tried starting the car. After two tries it started right up. The engine on this car does not hunt, at least it's never hunted when I've heard it. It is the smoothest running Delorean I've heard. There are a few little things to take care of. It needs struts for the louvers. The headliner inside needs to be replaced. The bracket for the engine cover that attaches to the firewall is missing. Apparently a repair shop lost it. Anyway, Call Bert at the phone number listed at the beginning if you are interested. I'm not the seller.

My VIN:    2681

Club(s):   (DMA)

Not sure if anyone has inspected this car in person, but from the pictures that frame looks horrible. Def not an 18k car if the frame is in as bad of shape as the pictures make it out to be.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast