FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Keep old seat covers, or toss 'em?

My VIN:    4519

Keep old seat covers, or toss 'em?

I just finished re-upholstering my seats and I'm wondering if there's any reason to keep the old, original torn covers.

I've developed a healthy paranoia of throwing anything away after accidentally tossing a few small items, so I'm asking about these first before I throw them away.

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    I just finished re-upholstering my seats and I'm wondering if there's any reason to keep the old, original torn covers.

I've developed a healthy paranoia of throwing anything away after accidentally tossing a few small items, so I'm asking about these first before I throw them away.

Ask yourself this. Is there any way you will ever reinstall them? If not, pitch them.

Although, I have heard of someone using some of the pebbled vinyl from the sides of the lower cover to fix a center console cover that was damaged above the A/C vents. He replaced the small top section with the seat vinyl. This is a rare example though and was before DMCH had reproduced the non-rippled vinyl.

Okay full discloser I still have my old roached out seat covers too. But more so because I threw them in a storage room 15 years ago with every intent of pitching them, but never seem to get around to it. It's an out of site out of mind thing I guess.

Yes, I also suffer from the never throw anything Delorean related away phobia too. Hell I still have little random baggies of rusted Metric bolts and screws that I replaced years ago. You know I never know when i'll need that Old rusty metric screw for something.

Gee this sounds like a Jeff Foxworthy bit. You Know your a Passionate Delorean Owner when..................
    Last edited by DMC5180; 07-26-2014 at 04:16 PM.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    5510

pm sent

My VIN:    15297

I had my seats redone back in 2004. I kept my original covers. Reason is that if there is a time to sell my D. I would have proof of the old covers and showing how I have maintained the vehicle through the years.

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    Hell I still have little random baggies of rusted Metric bolts and screws that I replaced years ago. You know I never know when i'll need that Old rusty metric screw for something.
    Dude....you got the paranoia bad -lol!

My VIN:    4245

Club(s):   (DMA)

Why toss them when I could give you a couple of bucks to ship them to me?

The leather and vinyl would be useful to me for small repairs. Please tell me they are grey. If there are scraps out there I am interested.

I tend to save a lot of things but it seems to me old seat covers barely take up much space at all.

You guys are making me even more paranoid.

My VIN:    5462

Club(s):   (DCH)

You guys are making me even more paranoid.

If you have bits of the material that is still good you could probably use it for producing door pulls etc... Though most of the cost is probably in the labour so you might as well go for leather.

I chucked mine years ago, no paranoia here, they were rubbish, therefore they belonged in a rubbish bin.

Having said that I probably have about 20 injectors sitting in a box which are all shagged, and my original rear speakers which are completely rotten, so I'm not immune to hoarding DeLorean stuff lol.

J

My VIN:    4534

I have three original old covers. One I got from a member here to make a pattern from. I kept mine in case I wanted to recreate the original seats instead of the custom ones I have now.
    Red
    VIN 4534
    Born - October 1981
    Brought back to life - July 2011

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Dude....you got the paranoia bad -lol!

Yeah, tell me about it. Although,I have no problems throwing away my wife's old stuff though.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast