FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: 21st Century tail light circuit boards

Banned

My VIN:    1798

Glad that mystery was solved

"The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain."

Mostly Harmless... refugeefromcalif's Avatar

My VIN:    6599

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    Is it just a very dim light on the brake light with the cruse on? The cruse control probably uses a pull up resistor so it's putting some power into the LEDs.
    When the cruse control is ON it's about the same brightness as the middle running light. When CC is turn OFF, (I've had to check this in Full dark), it's Very dim. Just enough to see that it's on.

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster
    You can fix it by putting a resistor over the brake light circuit. I would try a 10 Kohm and reduce that value until the lights don't glow.
    Where would I add the resistor?
    The weird lights are not a problem except, My CC doesn't work at all. I'm guessing that when CC is turned on, it's reading that my brakes are on so it won't activate/set cruse.
    No, I still haven't tried all combinations of bulbs and boards yet. (I have checked fuses).

George
    George.

1974 BMW RS90 motorcycle
    1981 DeLorean. Cruise Control, Wings-A-Loft, Eibach springs, Spax shocks, Stage1 exhaust, Manual, Grey and Grooved, LED clock and fixed pulls.
    1993 del Sol S (With a Few, Upgrades)
    2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by refugeefromcalif View Post
    Where would I add the resistor?
    The weird lights are not a problem except, My CC doesn't work at all. I'm guessing that when CC is turned on, it's reading that my brakes are on so it won't activate/set cruse.
    No, I still haven't tried all combinations of bulbs and boards yet. (I have checked fuses).

George
    You put a load resistor over the two LED terminals (solder it onto the socket). That way it looks more like an incandescent bulb. Small low power incandescent bulbs look like a 100 ohm resistor but I don't think you need to go that low.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4