FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Any owners around Frederick, MD?

My VIN:    4245

Club(s):   (DMA)

What I would recommend is that next chance you have someone willing to put over 100 miles on their classic just so you can see it, that you are actually prepared to meet them on time. There is a reason I originally suggested late morning/lunch, and you finally committed to meeting at 2pm the day-of. I was scratching my head at 2:15 and then we didn't hear back from you until almost 3pm. It would have been an extra 9 minutes and two more turns for your friend. These are the reasons I don't appreciate your choice of the word inconsiderate. Like I said, I did my best to meet you.

I don't want to be part of the Human race Roman Legion's Avatar

My VIN:    VIN in progress.

Club(s):   (DCVA) (LVDG) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by PB Co View Post
    What I would recommend is that next chance you have someone willing to put over 100 miles on their classic just so you can see it, that you are actually prepared to meet them on time. There is a reason I originally suggested late morning/lunch, and you finally committed to meeting at 2pm the day-of. I was scratching my head at 2:15 and then we didn't hear back from you until almost 3pm. It would have been an extra 9 minutes and two more turns for your friend. These are the reasons I don't appreciate your choice of the word inconsiderate. Like I said, I did my best to meet you.
    I admit, we were late, we hit Baltimore traffic on the way up and my friend was speeding to get up there, that was on us. But we did set a meeting location and I did inform you my data on my tablet was spotty, so it was hard to reply and getting a map on 1x speed to load would have taken a century. Maybe inconsiderate is too strong a word, but it was on you for changing the meeting place at the last second without consulting the other party. I think we both need to keep calm and not try to offend each other, both parties had failures on their part, I think we can agree. I appreciate you came out there and we were unable to meet, maybe in the future we can both do better.

He's a landscaper and horticulture photographer, he invited me along for the trip and paid for admission and he drove. I do wish we could have met at Longwood, we could have all enjoyed a day in beautiful, relaxing gardens and a good time with the cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim D View Post
    If you get down to Deltaville Virginia, I have 4 D's in various conditions of repair, you are welcome to see, just message me.
    Jim
    Deltaville on the coast or near Richmond, because your profile shows Richmond and maps shows the coast.

My VIN:    5186

The D's are on the coast in Deltaville.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim D View Post
    The D's are on the coast in Deltaville.
    Thanks, but I doubt I'll be that far out in the state.

My VIN:    4245

Club(s):   (DMA)

When you've been left waiting for almost an hour for someone from the internet that you've never met, with no contact whatsoever after the agreed time, you cannot help but feel completely stood-up. In this modern age of mobile phones and text messages there is almost always a way to send an update. We were absolutely prepared to meet you at Longwood Gardens. Had there been one phone call or text that would have let us know you were indeed on the way, we could have still made it. We did not simply change the location at the last minute, it was actually an hour after the time you agreed to meet. We devised an alternative arrangement that would still make it possible for you to see the cars, rather than just going home.

I am calm but still offended. There were no failures on my end.

So here's a nickels worth of free advice... There are other ways to find your way besides a tablet. People will still give you directions if you ask. If you make a long trip, expect traffic/delays. Bring a paper map or a GPS unit that is not dependent on mobile data usage as a backup. Admitting that you are late is not an apology. Typing that you appreciate someone's effort isn't quite the same thing as expressing a sincere thank you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2