FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A/C mode switch fix

My VIN:    3886

Club(s):   (DMA)

what is the preferred "lube" for the mode switch? silicone?

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Quote Originally Posted by acaciolo View Post
    what is the preferred "lube" for the mode switch? silicone?
    very light coating only on the contact surface. Other wise it will plug up with dust.
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

Banned

My VIN:    1798

Quote Originally Posted by DMCMW Dave View Post
    If you turn the switch and the vents don't change mode (i.e. air comes out the center vents no matter where you set it) then it's a sure thing that the pins tore off the rubber part and you will need the kit.
    The little rubber nubs/pins were all tore off on mine, so I ordered the kit (as you know). While waiting for it to arrive, I decided to try merely gluing my original piece to the backing plate. Still working just fine to this day, and I have the kit on the shelf as a backup should I ever require it

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Quote Originally Posted by NightFlyer View Post
    The little rubber nubs/pins were all tore off on mine, so I ordered the kit (as you know). While waiting for it to arrive, I decided to try merely gluing my original piece to the backing plate. Still working just fine to this day, and I have the kit on the shelf as a backup should I ever require it
    I"m going to find a company that can reprocess your current clutch, transmission and any other fluids that are "Factory". I think it is time you take this to the next level.
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by DPI JOSH View Post
    I"m going to find a company that can reprocess your current clutch, transmission and any other fluids that are "Factory". I think it is time you take this to the next level.
    Lol. Dont forget the v-belts!

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

My VIN:    4608- sold 4885- current

But, hes got LED tailights!

Banned

My VIN:    1798

About time someone got serious about filling this void in the DeLorean market

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Lol. Dont forget the v-belts!
    Also can't forget the coolant hoses

Quote Originally Posted by alexwolf1216 View Post
    But, hes got LED tailights!
    I am. Only reason I did this was to lowering the draw on my system, as I'm still running the already taxed to the max Ducellier alternator. Bulbs are fairly easy to change over though, when the situation warrants such

My VIN:    15190

I got the mode switch repair kit

Okay, now I have a different issue.
    Today I received the "mode switch repair kit" and installed it according to the instructions.
    After I was done, I turned the cycle mode switch to MAX, I don't hear the hissing sound but the modes are not changing... :-(
    Maybe something is wrong with vaccum hoses? from what I can they aren't loose...

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by mburshtain View Post
    Okay, now I have a different issue.
    Today I received the "mode switch repair kit" and installed it according to the instructions.
    After I was done, I turned the cycle mode switch to MAX, I don't hear the hissing sound but the modes are not changing... :-(
    Maybe something is wrong with vaccum hoses? from what I can they aren't loose...
    Check fuse #10. It's a yellow 20 Amp. It feeds the mode switch as well as the door lock warning lamp. The lamp could be easy for you to tell if it blew while you were making repairs (which might be expected if you didn't disconnect the battery perhaps?). On your car does your door lock warning lamp remind you the doors aren't locked? I ask because my power door locks are disconnected and the warning light is always on. If yours used to be and now isn't, you blew the fuse. Put a replacement back in and I'll bet your mode switch comes to life again.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    15190

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Check fuse #10. It's a yellow 20 Amp. It feeds the mode switch as well as the door lock warning lamp. The lamp could be easy for you to tell if it blew while you were making repairs (which might be expected if you didn't disconnect the battery perhaps?). On your car does your door lock warning lamp remind you the doors aren't locked? I ask because my power door locks are disconnected and the warning light is always on. If yours used to be and now isn't, you blew the fuse. Put a replacement back in and I'll bet your mode switch comes to life again.
    Thanks Jonathan, I was hoping you were right...
    Fuse is okay and maybe I should have added that I do hear the switch reaching the different positions but the flaps keeping venting the windows... no matter what I do...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTvN...m-upload_owner

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast