FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: A/C mode switch fix

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by mburshtain View Post
    Thanks Jonathan, I was hoping you were right...
    Fuse is okay and maybe I should have added that I do hear the switch reaching the different positions but the flaps keeping venting the windows... no matter what I do...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTvN...m-upload_owner
    The part where you mention the same vents getting the air regardless of what the mode switch is doing makes me think the little lever arm came off it's notch. It's what basically opens the divider piece that diverts the air one place or another.

I had been under the impression it would be easy to see on here:

http://store.delorean.com/c-302-7-1-1-heater.aspx

But now that I look at it, I'm not sure. Maybe I'm just tired, but I would have normally said it was part #23 but when looking at the thumbnail, it might be part #3 perhaps. You can see it in reality if you peer in behind the console from the passenger footwell. It will be about the height of the radio or upper vents and connected to the box just back in and beyond the edge of the glovebox insert. Not sure if that description is helping, but however you find it, it does sound like the linkage that flips the divider for the air isn't properly connected anymore.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    15190

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    The part where you mention the same vents getting the air regardless of what the mode switch is doing makes me think the little lever arm came off it's notch. It's what basically opens the divider piece that diverts the air one place or another.

I had been under the impression it would be easy to see on here:

http://store.delorean.com/c-302-7-1-1-heater.aspx

But now that I look at it, I'm not sure. Maybe I'm just tired, but I would have normally said it was part #23 but when looking at the thumbnail, it might be part #3 perhaps. You can see it in reality if you peer in behind the console from the passenger footwell. It will be about the height of the radio or upper vents and connected to the box just back in and beyond the edge of the glovebox insert. Not sure if that description is helping, but however you find it, it does sound like the linkage that flips the divider for the air isn't properly connected anymore.
    Jonathan, could it be that you are referring to connector hose # 3 in the Electrical/Mechanical Controls diagram?

http://store.delorean.com/c-365-7-3-...-controls.aspx

In any case I can feel the suction from the octopus vacuum hoses. I am thinking of taking out the console at this point...

I am checking the hoses if they are connected correctly.
    See PDF attached.
    Attached Files

Well... everything looks good. All hoses are connected correctly. not sure what is the issue :-(

My VIN:    4357

Hello, seen this thread and wanted to say I'm having the same problem with mine right now, got cold air, but only coming out the door vent. I can hear the mode switch work on the other settings but not on the center vents.

Great news! I found the issue and it's my fault...
    Okay, it's very important that you will put the two philips head screws holding the top part to the bottom part correctly.
    See the following image.

In my case it was overturn.
    Attached Images

My VIN:    3937

Does anyone have a PDF of the mode switch rebuild kit instructions that they could share (online or PM/email)?

I bought the kit and received it today and it didn't come with any instructions. Thanks.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Does anyone have a PDF of the mode switch rebuild kit instructions that they could share (online or PM/email)?

I bought the kit and received it today and it didn't come with any instructions. Thanks.
    Basically it is take the switch out, replace the rubber diaphragm, and then carefully reassemble in the opposite order. Be tender with the plastic parts and put the wires back in the same places on the switch. If you don't have the later plug style for the hoses note which hose goes where on the switch if you pull them off. If you look carefully each hose has a color stripe on it. Refer to Workshop Manual N:08:15-16
    David Teitelbaum

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3