FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Assorted Helpful Technical Photos

My VIN:    3937

Engine bay light switch actuator (p/n SP10843)

Recent discussion on why an engine bay light wouldn't turn off brought up this part:

http://store.delorean.com/p-9651-lgt-sw-actuator.aspx

This is the little clip that is what the light switch presses against to turn itself off. The clip attaches to the underside of the lower engine cover. When the lower engine cover is lowered, this clip comes into contact with the plunger on the light switch and turns the light off.

Here is a picture of the switch and clip from a distance while the lower engine cover is up:

IMG_4727.jpg

The second photo was taken with the lower engine cover almost closed and is attempting to show how the clip comes down to press against the plunger on the switch:

IMG_4731.jpg

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    3294

Yeah... I want one of those! My engine bay light (converted to LED) stays on 24/7. My car stays hooked up to a battery tender when it lives in the garage, so no real worries about the battery running down. I could simply unplug one of the switch wires, but that would be too easy. I'm hoping DMC-Midwest has these in stock when we are up there next week.
    Barry Floyd
    Lebanon, Tennessee
    VIN 3294 - Aug. 81

My VIN:    10309

More info here from previous installation.

http://delorean2109.blogspot.com/200...-are-cool.html

Idle speed thermister (102480) location

The idle speed thermistor (102480) is shown in this photo (not my own photo or labelling, but saved from a previous post some time ago).

Thermistor shown in valley.jpg

It is located underneath the intake manifold in the valley and threads into the Y-pipe. It is part of the idle speed circuit and measures engine coolant temperature. Once the engine temperature is above a "cold" set point, it provides the permissive in the electrical circuit to continue on with the normal "warm" engine logic to control the idle.

If the electrical connector on this thermistor becomes disconnected, or isn't making a good connection for whatever reason, it can cause your engine to idle much higher than normal (~2,000 RPM). If this happens, the fix may be to get into the valley (by removing the intake manifold) and properly connecting the wiring to the thermistor.

http://store.delorean.com/p-6749-the...dle-speed.aspx

Location of fill and drain ports on the final drive (Plug 103016)

The fill and drain ports on the final drive are shown. This is on a car with an automatic transmission.

When checking the level of the final drive, refilling, or draining and then filling, be sure to remove the FILL port first and then once you know you can get it removed, go ahead and remove the DRAIN port.

Final drive ports.jpg

Evaporator drain hose location (105909)

I just realized I had this photo after talking with another owner about sorting out why water was pooling in the passenger footwell. Knowing that if the evaporator drain hose is plugged or obstructed somehow, the water coming out of the air from the A/C will eventually overflow back into the passenger footwell instead of going out that hose and down over the frame and onto the ground. Describing where that hose comes out underneath the fiberglass body and above the frame isn't as good as a picture to do it for you, so here it is.

IMG_3314.jpg

Photo was taken a few years ago at DMC Florida's old location when I was there and they had this pristine body lifted off its frame and up in the air. Not sure whose car it is.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3