Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Assorted helpful technical photos

My VIN:    3294

Yeah... I want one of those! My engine bay light (converted to LED) stays on 24/7. My car stays hooked up to a battery tender when it lives in the garage, so no real worries about the battery running down. I could simply unplug one of the switch wires, but that would be too easy. I'm hoping DMC-Midwest has these in stock when we are up there next week.
    Barry Floyd
    Lebanon, Tennessee
    VIN 3294 - Aug. 81

My VIN:    10309

More info here from previous installation.

http://delorean2109.blogspot.com/200...-are-cool.html

My VIN:    3937

Idle speed thermister (102480) location

The idle speed thermistor (102480) is shown in this photo (not my own photo or labelling, but saved from a previous post some time ago).

Thermistor shown in valley.jpg

It is located underneath the intake manifold in the valley and threads into the Y-pipe. It is part of the idle speed circuit and measures engine coolant temperature. Once the engine temperature is above a "cold" set point, it provides the permissive in the electrical circuit to continue on with the normal "warm" engine logic to control the idle.

If the electrical connector on this thermistor becomes disconnected, or isn't making a good connection for whatever reason, it can cause your engine to idle much higher than normal (~2,000 RPM). If this happens, the fix may be to get into the valley (by removing the intake manifold) and properly connecting the wiring to the thermistor.

http://store.delorean.com/p-6749-the...dle-speed.aspx
    One damn minute Admiral...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3