FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: My Car (LS1 DeLorean) Used For An Episode of Car Fix on Velocity! Airs Sept. 12, 2014

My VIN:    01960

Watched it. They were very complimentary of your car. It looked great. Ironically it was very uninformative for me as a new D owner though... Haha. Congrats, that had to be pretty cool seeing your car on TV.

Cool! I'll have to check out the rerun this morning. What sort of accessory drive are you using on the LS? I asked on one of your YouTube videos but figured you would check here more often.
    2004 Acura RSX Type S - Daily Driver
    1964 Chevrolet Impala SS - No, not a lowrider

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by rileydawgg View Post
    Watched it. They were very complimentary of your car. It looked great. Ironically it was very uninformative for me as a new D owner though... Haha. Congrats, that had to be pretty cool seeing your car on TV.
    Yea that was kind of the case. I dont think the show was ever really meant to be about DeLoreans. The purpose was for them to have an interesting car to do a head and cam swap. The format of the show is typically "today we're going to show/teach you how to do 'this' thing on a car, and explain the different parts along the way." Sometimes it's exhaust, sometimes, it's brakes, turbos, tires, suspension, carburetors, EFI, etc. Plus they always like to have cool cars in the shop. This episode was about heads and cams.

Quote Originally Posted by Squall67584 View Post
    Cool! I'll have to check out the rerun this morning. What sort of accessory drive are you using on the LS? I asked on one of your YouTube videos but figured you would check here more often.
    My accessory drive is the Camaro style (which I believe they actually mention on the show). I had to do this because of the placement of the alternator. The Corvette accessory drive style has the alternator high and wide, which wouldn't fit in the engine bay. The Camaro has it nice and tucked up underneath. For the most part the engine is Corvette on top (Heads, cam, intake), Camaro in the middle (accessories, alternator, waterpump), and GTO on the bottom (Oil pan, oil pump, oil pickup). The short block is the same for all of them.

By the way, did anyone count the subtle Back to the Future references? They said early on that they wanted the show to be about the car and not constantly promoting BTTF as most shows about DeLoreans do. As such they said they wanted to make subtle hints and jokes toward BTTF during their conversation and banter, but never actually mention or bring up BTTF, so that if you didn't know what you were listening for, you wouldn't even notice.
    Last edited by Nicholas R; 09-13-2014 at 09:31 AM.

I caught the hint of the radiation suit, them saying the head was heavy, and mentioned Marty.
    2004 Acura RSX Type S - Daily Driver
    1964 Chevrolet Impala SS - No, not a lowrider

My VIN:    5302

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Watched the episode last night, and really enjoyed it. Never seen the show before. I got the impression that they were very careful with your car, and took their time with the work. That's refreshing to see vs. so many of these types of shows (and real life) where mechanics rush through a job as fast and roughly as possible. It was also nice how they really took the time to explain the new heads and why they are better -- again, vs. just giving a 2-second explanation and slapping it in like most garage shows do.

The BTTF references were indeed subtle, which was also refreshing. I like to think that if a DeLorean owner was making that show, that's how they would do it. Not ignore BTTF completely, but not ram it down your throat as is too often the case.
    Derek L
    VIN 5302

Mostly Harmless... refugeefromcalif's Avatar

My VIN:    6599

Quote Originally Posted by Timebender View Post
    Looking forward to getting it on iTunes!
    +1. That's the only way I'll be able to see it.

George
    George.

1974 BMW RS90 motorcycle
    1981 DeLorean. Cruise Control, Wings-A-Loft, Eibach springs, Spax shocks, Stage1 exhaust, Manual, Grey and Grooved, LED clock and fixed pulls.
    1993 del Sol S (With a Few, Upgrades)
    2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Squall67584 View Post
    I caught the hint of the radiation suit, them saying the head was heavy, and mentioned Marty.
    There were a couple others too

"Former Delorean owning Guru" Spittybug's Avatar

My VIN:    Formerly 2329

I just watched it too. That thing's a beast! Too much in-show advertising for me, but I do like a show that doesn't have all of today's interpersonal conflicts or racing against the clock crap.
    Owen
    I.Brew.Beer.

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Spittybug View Post
    I just watched it too. That thing's a beast! Too much in-show advertising for me, but I do like a show that doesn't have all of today's interpersonal conflicts or racing against the clock crap.
    Actually I thought it was pretty amazing what they could show in a half hour, which is really more like 20 minutes of air time.

Funny thing as we (Julee and I) were watching it, the only thing she noticed was "he needs headliners".
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

My VIN:    3095

Club(s):   (DCF)

Congrads Nick, car is looking awesome.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast