FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: My Car (LS1 DeLorean) Used For An Episode of Car Fix on Velocity! Airs Sept. 12, 2014

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Just a reminder, the episode airs this Friday at 8:30 on velocity! It will re-air at 11:30pm on Friday, then 11:00am on Saturday and 11:00 on Sunday. Also available on amazon prime and iTunes.
    Attached Images

My VIN:    05287

Very nice! I am sure it was already nice and fast before... Those Land & Sea / Dynomite / Dyno's are by far my favorite to use they have given me the most consistent numbers across all the cars I have owned / run on them VS say a hub based dyno.

Congrats and I am sure I'll check out the episode at some point!

Quote Originally Posted by elfking View Post
    Very nice! I am sure it was already nice and fast before... Those Land & Sea / Dynomite / Dyno's are by far my favorite to use they have given me the most consistent numbers across all the cars I have owned / run on them VS say a hub based dyno.

Congrats and I am sure I'll check out the episode at some point!
    Thanks! I agree, it was definitely the nicest Dyno I've been on. They told me this one could handle cars up into the multiple thousand hp once they started engaging the eddiecurrent roller brakes. At 420hp I was just free spinning the main drums alone. None of the brakes were required. Sounds like a lot of hp to us but in the muscle and racing world, that's nothing, haha.

My VIN:    5482

Thanks for the reminder. I had forgotten about this. Will definitely set the DVR and check it out this weekend.
    Jeff

Just a heads up; 4 hours until this episode airs! Hope you can catch it!

My VIN:    05287

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    Thanks! I agree, it was definitely the nicest Dyno I've been on. They told me this one could handle cars up into the multiple thousand hp once they started engaging the eddiecurrent roller brakes. At 420hp I was just free spinning the main drums alone. None of the brakes were required. Sounds like a lot of hp to us but in the muscle and racing world, that's nothing, haha.
    The one that I have access to is a giant single roller which limits it to 2WD. I have seen some pretty high powered cars run on it 2JZ's, LS1's, LS6's and various other Ford variants with some high power too. Everyone used to like watching my RX7's throw flames when doing pulls and my Jeep I put a 7.5L Ford 460 in liked to throw all sorts of bits of tire off the back of the roller! When running Diesels the brake is the only way to get accurate torque numbers.

I think Land & Sea was telling me it would handle over 1000HP/ Torque which I could believe since its really just a giant weight and bearings with a pickup on the side of it... I think the highest we ran on it was in the 700 range. I do miss spending hours sitting on the Dyno adjusting my RX7's fuel maps.

My VIN:    6654

Club(s):   (DCF)

5 minutes till show time.
    Thanks,
    Lenny

DMCH New Build in 2005, Stage II, DPI Stainless Exhaust, Eibach Suspension, 170 Mph Speedometer, Xenon Lights, Wings-A-Loft, DMC Wide Angle Side Mirrors, 3rd Brake Light

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    5 minutes till show time.
    What did you think Lenny? After all, you're practically responsible for setting this up!

My VIN:    6654

Club(s):   (DCF)

I think they did a great job. Not to many BTTF jokes and they were complementary about the car. I liked it.

They were also complementary about you. They talked about how you did it right and didn't just slap the engine in there. At least 3 times they mentioned you were an Engineer and put thought into everything you did.

What would it have cost you to have this done by a mechanic, my wife asked me. I told her $2,500.00.
    Last edited by Lenny; 09-12-2014 at 09:26 PM.
    Thanks,
    Lenny

DMCH New Build in 2005, Stage II, DPI Stainless Exhaust, Eibach Suspension, 170 Mph Speedometer, Xenon Lights, Wings-A-Loft, DMC Wide Angle Side Mirrors, 3rd Brake Light

My VIN:    07000

Looking forward to getting it on iTunes!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast