FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: What wheels/rims do you have??

My VIN:    10270

This took some doing to adapt but all seems to fit well.

Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

My VIN:    6248

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by FABombjoy View Post
    Those tires look like they have a pretty aggressive tread -- how's the ride?

Quote Originally Posted by kobachi View Post
    Those tires look like they have a pretty aggressive tread -- how's the ride?
    BFGoodrich g-Force COMP-2 A/S, 205/45/16 and 245/45/17. I really wanted a pure summer tire but I drive enough into the cold & rainy fall and figured an A/S tire would be more predictable in those conditions. Things get sketchy in the fall on my DD running Potenza S04 and that's with a front engine.

I've only put about 4 miles on but they seem comparable in ride quality to the Pilot Exaltos they replaced, which were 195/60 and 225/60 on the stock wheels.

Compared to stock wheels w/ Exalto:
    The front wheels are +10mm and -4lbs
    The rear wheels are +20mm and +1lb

Rears are actually 1.4lb lighter but the adapter adds 2.4lb

I'll add about 800miles total traveling to DCS and should have more of an opinion in a week!
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

My VIN:    02855

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Custom made Aluminum 3 piece. 15x8 front and 15x10 rear (with a 295 tire!) Centers are black anodized.

Note- suspension is modified to allow these to fit!

DSC04363 (Medium).jpgDSC04384 (Medium).jpgDSC06170 (Medium).jpg

My VIN:    4267

Club(s):  

Quote Originally Posted by yuiou View Post
    Does anyone know the owner of this car?

I believe it was posted on the .com site before it was taken down.

I have a few questions for him/her....

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Although I don't know the owner, I may be able to help. That owner took a set of rear wheels, and had the inside machined down so they would fit the front. I'm not sure if he just had the lip machined, or if the centers had to be cut down as well. He said these is a slight rub at full steering lock, but that's it. If memory serves, he was running 205/50/15's on the front, or something similar.

He was selling those wheels on the .com site, but I can't remember if he ever did. That was years ago so I seriously doubt he still has the car or the wheels, and I doubt you will ever hear from him.
    I can't get over how good this looks. I would *love* to see more photos of it!

I remember reading about the project to make the factory wheels bigger ages ago and wish it had come to fruition. It's something I'll look into way, way down the road with my car - I'm not a fan of the DMCH interpretation. My car has been slammed to close the wheelarch gaps by the PO and I think it throws the whole body shape off (gives it Countach-esqe flabby flanks behind the door), but bigger, stock-looking wheels like that would close the gap, and make a world of difference to the look of the car, without loosing and of it's character - I really love it.

My VIN:    2953

Any update on this thread? I'm going to need new tires and have debated new wheels with little or no mods.
    Matt
    Frostburg, MD

Running a square wheel set up with R888r tires. Suspension mods required to make it work and look proper.

My VIN:    17149

Quote Originally Posted by mark w View Post
    Custom made Aluminum 3 piece. 15x8 front and 15x10 rear (with a 295 tire!) Centers are black anodized.

Note- suspension is modified to allow these to fit!

DSC04363 (Medium).jpgDSC04384 (Medium).jpgDSC06170 (Medium).jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by white out View Post
    Running a square wheel set up with R888r tires. Suspension mods required to make it work and look proper.

Quote Originally Posted by matt clark View Post
    I can't get over how good this looks. I would *love* to see more photos of it!

I remember reading about the project to make the factory wheels bigger ages ago and wish it had come to fruition. It's something I'll look into way, way down the road with my car - I'm not a fan of the DMCH interpretation. My car has been slammed to close the wheelarch gaps by the PO and I think it throws the whole body shape off (gives it Countach-esqe flabby flanks behind the door), but bigger, stock-looking wheels like that would close the gap, and make a world of difference to the look of the car, without loosing and of it's character - I really love it.

What type of mods?
    Justin Trabue

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Trabue View Post
    What type of mods?
    Are you asking all 3 of us?

My setup requires no suspension mods, only spacers in the front and adapters in the rear (spacers with integrated studs). 205/45ZR-16 and 245/45ZR-17 tires.

My VIN:    17149

Are you asking all 3 of us?

My setup requires no suspension mods, only spacers in the front and adapters in the rear (spacers with integrated studs). 205/45ZR-16 and 245/45ZR-17 tires.

Sorry I was trying to reply to the Original post White out. Anyways I dig the wheels you added
    Justin Trabue

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 LastLast