FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: My bttf build

Looking awesome! Very nice work so far. You should take VBs 'clients', you do a far better job than him!

Just leave me out of it..

It's looking really good Mike. Keep the updates a coming...

My VIN:    2723

Thanks for the compliments guys.
    Haven't been on the forum for awhile sorry for the delayed response.
    Still trying to to hunt down a few conversion parts and bend the dreaded flux bands...ugh!
    mike

Keep the pics coming dude, very nice conversion so far!

Having trouble posting pics from my phone, but if you want to see more pics https://www.facebook.com/DocsTTS

this is the facebook page I created for the car.
    mike

My VIN:    5778

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmycxc View Post
    Very Nice!

Have you driven it with how it looks now? I hope you like attention. Best advice is watch out for people drifting into your lane when they are trying to take a picture. Also...a back up camera.
    lol. More like "How is the conversion handling on our Michigan roads" I was test driving a 1983 D on Saturday and that crossed my mind how our Michigan roads will Fook up a car like this. Just curious if you take it out on crazy I-696 and does anything fall off?

I knew I should have went to the Dream Cruise! I was out of town for work

Good Job!
    Last edited by aotmfilms; 04-30-2015 at 11:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aotmfilms View Post
    lol. More like "How is the conversion handling on our Michigan roads" I was test driving a 1983 D on Saturday and that crossed my mind how our Michigan roads will Fook up a car like this. Just curious if you take it out on crazy I-696 and does anything fall off?

I knew I should have went to the Dream Cruise! I was out of town for work

Good Job!

Oh it's a bumpy ride without the conversion for sure...but I have had no issues yet.

Quote Originally Posted by howlingwind13 View Post
    Oh it's a bumpy ride without the conversion for sure...but I have had no issues yet.
    I'm just wondering about the people wanting to take pictures. I test drove one a couple of weeks ago and the rear window with the louvres is non existant, especially with a big truck up my butt trying to take pictures. Side mirrors I had to take extra care when I changed lanes as how you have a big blind spot. They remind me of my 1996 Eclipse. I'm 5"6 so I felt like I was climbing out of a vette lol, so I don't know how Michael J. Fox managed so quickly. in and out of the vehicle. I have been spoiled by my 2007 Sonata's mirrors and rear view window size.

My VIN:    10270

Quote Originally Posted by aotmfilms View Post
    Side mirrors I had to take extra care when I changed lanes as how you have a big blind spot.
    One of the first mods anyone should perform is installation of the convex side mirrors. They are a substantial upgrade to confidence for lane changes and rear visibility.
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

Quote Originally Posted by FABombjoy View Post
    One of the first mods anyone should perform is installation of the convex side mirrors. They are a substantial upgrade to confidence for lane changes and rear visibility.
    looked in the Delorean Parts Store and nada, went to Autozone just for S&G's and this is what I found.

I guess it would work. Unless someone has anything better: http://www.autozone.com/safety-and-s...ror/31929_0_0/

I just want a temp fix until something better (mirror-wise) comes along so I don't get creamed in this car. But then again it was alot of things, shifting isnt as refined as a new or newer car (I had to remind myself that I was dealing with early 80's tech here, Car had 3k miles on it but runs great!), and I was worried about not messing up the car. Like the Eclipse I couldn't see the hood and then I had the dude in the F150 who was wanting to ride IN the engine just because he was wanting to take a picture lol!

Thank you for that suggestion.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast