FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Air deflection plates (DIY anyone?)

My VIN:    1255

Air deflection plates (DIY anyone?)

Hi!

Does anyone outthere have a drawing or homemade blueprint of the two air deflection plats, with measurements? (preferable in millimeters, but not necessary)

I don't have them on my car, and they look like a nice DIY project

Regards Martin
    Martin L

My VIN:    03572

I was thinking about making some in stainless but am waiting on DPI to offer them.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

I assume you are talking about hot air dam deflectors (so air heated from the radiator is deflected around the fuel tank).

I made some. I'll get the dimensions for you a bit later today, if that's ok. I made templates out of cardboard, so I need to find them, measure, and draw it out for you. Obviously I can't measure the originals since they are on the car.

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by citizen View Post
    I assume you are talking about hot air dam deflectors (so air heated from the radiator is deflected around the fuel tank).

I made some. I'll get the dimensions for you a bit later today, if that's ok. I made templates out of cardboard, so I need to find them, measure, and draw it out for you. Obviously I can't measure the originals since they are on the car.

Thomas

Thanks, but no thanks ;-)! No need to look for your hot air/fuel tank cardboard template (I'm sure you can find something better to do :-)). I mean the original air deflector plates under the car
    $_57.jpg
    Last edited by martiq; 08-09-2014 at 12:46 PM.
    Martin L

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    I was thinking about making some in stainless but am waiting on DPI to offer them.
    Do you think it will be available someday?

Quote Originally Posted by martiq View Post
    Thanks, but no thanks ;-)! No need to look for your hot air/fuel tank cardboard template (I'm sure you can find something better to do :-)). I mean the original air deflector plates under the car
    $_57.jpg
    Oops, sorry. When it said DIY, I figured it was a custom part.

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Domi View Post
    Do you think it will be available someday?
    Knowing Josh, Probably yes. However, you are replacing a Light weight aluminum parts with Heavy Stainless steel. Think engine cover grills or SS coil cover. These are cosmetic items that look great, so you sacrifice the weight for the appearance. The trailing arm shields are not a visible item. Unless you are trying to impress other owners when your at a local tech event with your car up on the lift I don't see a point in having them in stainless.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Location:  Burnsville MN-Moving to Kalispell MT. in June 20111

My VIN:    2691

shields down!

Mine have been off for twenty-five years with no problems.....

Quote Originally Posted by SS Spoiler View Post
    Mine have been off for twenty-five years with no problems.....
    ...and that also why I'm not going to pay 80$ each + shipping and import charges (or 80Euro on my side of the pond) for some parts that I still haven't figured out what the axact purpose is other than deflecting some air in some direction. O_o!

But if I made some by myself, other than beeing fun to do, at least I could say: "Well now I have them! ;-)
    Martin L

they are on my car but i know a few people on the forum have removed them. their reason was to eliminate another source of noise. So it seems like they aren't really all that necessary.
    Last edited by papanoel; 08-11-2014 at 11:45 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast