FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: DIY EFI hardware kit

Club(s):   (DCF)

DIY EFI hardware kit

All,

I have slowly perfected the EFI system I have been installing on cars at the shop and want to offer the major hardware components to all the DIY guys out there. I will be offering the components to mount the injectors in the head, injector to CIS fuel line adapters, injectors clips, all new M8 banjo bolts with washers and fuel injector connectors. I will also be providing instructions on how to modify you fuel distributor to make it work, but a new SEO Billet aluminum unit is in the works. I am acquiring the equipment to make the 6 fuel injector lines in stainless and will also be offering that in the future. PM or email me for details. [email protected] 321-426-0061

The new stainless steel injector retainer is on its way back from the manufacturer along with all new stock replacement yellow zinc plated bolts I had manufactured. I am offering the banjo/hollow bolts with or without the EFI components for $2.50 each as I purchased a very large QTY to have in stock. I should have everything in stock by next week. I will post pictures of everything installed on the car I'm working on now.

injector retainer.jpg

fuel injector adapter.jpg

The clips showed up and I installed all six with one injector adapter. Everything fit perfect and as planned. I'm just waiting on the new Banjo bolts to show up and I can install the fuel lines and get this thing running.

"Former Delorean owning Guru" Spittybug's Avatar

My VIN:    Formerly 2329

Looks good!
    Owen
    I.Brew.Beer.

Thanks, it's an easy and clean setup for me to install. I'm sure others may find it simple to work with too.

I got the car put back together and it started on the first crank of the key so my base map seems to be good. No fuel leaks at all. I'll get pics and a video up tomorrow.

My VIN:    16113

Club(s):   (SCDC) (DCUK)

Looks good. I look forward to more pictures.
    Shannon

Ok here are a few pictures and one video of it running. this is still a rough tune and it was idling a little high because it was still cold. I'm waiting on a few parts to finish the turbo charge piping and then we can go and have some fun with it.

http://vid40.photobucket.com/albums/...psa3954ec0.mp4

http://s40.photobucket.com/user/craz...54ec0.mp4.html

Follow up on the EFI kit. Everything is working great but the OEM fuel lines cracked and started to leak so we had to replace them with stainless units. I recommend to anyone doing any fuel system work EFI or K-Jet to highly consider replacing the lines with stainless. Whatever vendor you like, it does not matter, just do it. I was very gentle with these lines and they cracked and slowly got worse over a day.

My VIN:    6313

Quote Originally Posted by SEO Motorsports View Post
    Follow up on the EFI kit. Everything is working great but the OEM fuel lines cracked and started to leak so we had to replace them with stainless units. I recommend to anyone doing any fuel system work EFI or K-Jet to highly consider replacing the lines with stainless. Whatever vendor you like, it does not matter, just do it. I was very gentle with these lines and they cracked and slowly got worse over a day.

I'm doing an EFI conversion and wish to re-route the fuel lines - take out the accumulator, reposition the fuel filter. Did you buy stainless steel fuel line tubing and bend it/flaring/fitting yourself? Any recommendations on a flaring tool?

Thanks
    Jeff
    Jeff
    #6313 (lic: DMC-EV Texas), 25k miles, 100% leather, touchpad, 100% LED, dimmable LED dash, remote door lock & Elvis mod, all A/C vents in kneepads, wedgectomy, escutcheon velcro fix, GM door chimer, custom arm rest/storage/controls...

My VIN:    6125

Quote Originally Posted by SEO Motorsports View Post
    Thanks for sharing the warning! It's one of the first things I try to mention if someone asks me what parts to repalce first or potential issues to look out for.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast