FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New DIY EFI hardware kits

Club(s):   (DCF)

New DIY EFI hardware kits

All,

I have slowly perfected the EFI system I have been installing on cars at the shop and want to offer the major hardware components to all the DIY guys out there. I will be offering the components to mount the injectors in the head, injector to CIS fuel line adapters, injectors clips, all new M8 banjo bolts with washers and fuel injector connectors. I will also be providing instructions on how to modify you fuel distributor to make it work, but a new SEO Billet aluminum unit is in the works. I am acquiring the equipment to make the 6 fuel injector lines in stainless and will also be offering that in the future. PM or email me for details. [email protected] 321-426-0061

The new stainless steel injector retainer is on its way back from the manufacturer along with all new stock replacement yellow zinc plated bolts I had manufactured. I am offering the new banjo/hollow bolts with or without the EFI components for $2.50 each as I purchased a very large QTY to have in stock. I should have everything in by next week.

fuel injector adapter.jpg

injector retainer.jpg

"Former Delorean owning Guru" Spittybug's Avatar

My VIN:    Formerly 2329

I like this idea Ed. I'm assuming you remove the plunger from the distributor and just use it as if it were a fuel rail. Smart. The clips to hold injectors into the CIS bung holes and to firmly attach the fuel lines to the injectors are the key. I'd like to see those in action.

This will also allow everyone to keep the WUR since there are no other parts to get in the way.

Nice!
    Owen
    I.Brew.Beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Spittybug View Post
    I like this idea Ed. I'm assuming you remove the plunger from the distributor and just use it as if it were a fuel rail. Smart. The clips to hold injectors into the CIS bung holes and to firmly attach the fuel lines to the injectors are the key. I'd like to see those in action.

This will also allow everyone to keep the WUR since there are no other parts to get in the way.

Nice!
    There are several modifications needed done to the fuel distributor so it will flow enough fuel in this configuration. The WUR and cold start injector can be removed and are not longer necessary. Most all of the K-jet switches and vacuum valves can be removed. if you have an auto, you just need to leave the kick down switch.

Are you replacing the WUR with some kind of idle air controller?
    Owen
    I.Brew.Beer.

I'm controlling the IAC valve with the MegaSquirt ECU. The WUR richens up the fuel on the K-jet system when cold starting. The MegaSquirt monitors the coolant temp sensor and the cold start fuel has its separate map.

My VIN:    5096

Spittybug: what type of action do you want to see? I have videos of my car running with the setup Ed is selling.

My bad.... I was confused with the K-jet nomenclature. Halfheimers kicking in.
    Owen
    I.Brew.Beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning View Post
    Spittybug: what type of action do you want to see? I have videos of my car running with the setup Ed is selling.
    Detailed pics and video of the conversion?

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Just FYI, his car is also turbocharged so it's going to sound that much better. I saw Eds handiwork and custom parts at his open house a few weeks ago and believe me, it is all top notch. Beautiful work, beautiful parts. If I still had a PRV engine, I'd probably already be planning short block upgrades so that I could work with Ed to do a serious turbocharged EFI setup. Seriously, you can't go wrong.

Thanks Nick!! You and I need to finish that project we talked about!!! I'll help you make it happen.

The clips showed up and I installed all six with one injector adapter. Everything fit perfect and as planned. I'm just waiting on the new Banjo bolts to show up and I can install the fuel lines and get this thing running.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast