FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fun DeLorean Experiences

My VIN:    4519

Fun DeLorean Experiences

The "Stupid DeLorean Comment" thread gets a lot of posts, but I get a lot of positive attention & comments so maybe we can share those here.

Here's one of mine:

Tonite I took a friend of mine out for a drive, he's a DeLorean fan and was totally psyched when I bought mine.

While stopped at an intersection on main street in a busy tourist town, two guys ran out in front of the car really freaking out & taking pics. That in itself was great, and having a passenger who really appreciates the car made it even better.

As the guys walked back to the sidewalk [and still admiring] I said: "open the doors so they can get a really good pic." When we opened the doors, these guys really went apeshit; pointing, yelling...etc. One of the guys runs back out into the street to pose for a pic and nearly sits on my friend's lap for a pic...lol!

We totally made their night, my friend loved it, and I thought it was great.....I'd love to see that pic show up on Instagram!
    Last edited by Rich_NYS; 08-24-2014 at 01:34 AM.

Banned

My VIN:    1798

The Friday night of DCS, there was concert at the hotel out by the pool featuring a local band, which attracted several local fans of the band. After having ice cream with Bill and Steve, I went back up to the Today room to change my clothes, as I was going to stay up all night cleaning my car in the tent in preparation for the concours and regular judging the next day. The night before, we noticed that my horns weren't sounding, and figured that it was because of a low battery charge, thus before commencing in my cleanup of the car, I wanted to take it for a ride around the block a few times so that the Ducey could charge up the battery.

This was some time between 2am-3am.

Upon leaving the cordoned off parking area of the hotel parking lot, I noticed several girls hanging out around the main/lobby entrance to the hotel from the concert - they were watching my car as I proceeded to raise the door so that I could get out and move the rope/cones that blocked off the parking lot so that I could get my car out on the street. I overheard them saying how awesome and cool my car was, so I drove it over by them and offered to take each them on a ride around the block, which they all enthusiastically accepted. The last 1/2 mile back to the hotel, we raised the doors so that each could experience what it's like to cruise with the doors open.

While waiting for the third girl to finish her cigarette (no smoking in my car), Jeffrey Weissman came out and took pictures with the girls and my car.

My car and I really made each of their nights, and all three had an absolute blast. It was also a lot of fun for me.

Too bad none of my DeLorean family believes me that this actually happened - they all think that I took Chris Burns on three consecutive rides in my car....

My only regret is a missed opportunity with the hottie hotel desk clerk

Banned

My VIN:    1798

Of course, this was a lot of fun too, even though I drove like shit.....

My VIN:    4494

Club(s):  

Just this weekend I was hired for a Wedding to take the Bride to the ceremony in the Edinburgh Botanical Gardens. The response was overwhelmingly positive from both the Wedding Party and the general public who where passing through the Botanical Gardens.

There were quite a few knowledgeable folks, and once the Bride and Groom had their pictures taken a few of the grooms-men had me open the engine bay so they could get a good look at everything. Only downside was I couldn't have a glass of Champagne since I was working!

IMG_2661.jpgIMG_2673.jpg

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

One of the funniest experiences occurred at a previous DCS. About 6 of us needed gas so we drove around to find a local gas station. When we pulled in the "kid" pumping gas ran over all exited and said "I never saw a Delorean close up before and HERE ARE SIX OF THEM"! We made HIS day! Stuff like this happens all the time. One of the joys of owning such a memorable car. Everybody knows them on sight and it always gets smiles. Especially when they see the doors open. I have also hired out my car for photo shoots, charity events, weddings, and such and I always get positive comments.
    David Teitelbaum

Location:  Burnsville MN-Moving to Kalispell MT. in June 20111

My VIN:    2691

road trip!

One of the coolest things I remember was in a small town in Iowa. Five of us pulled into town for a lunch break. This was back in the CB radio days.
    All of us were 'on line' as we stopped in front a cafe one one side of the town square. On a CB signal all our motors stopped and all the doors went up at the same time. Pandemonium! You couldn't have created more excitement if a flying saucer had landed! I'll bet they still "do you remember them funny cars that rolled in
    here back in the late 80's?" Ah the memories......

Paul Cerny #2691
    Kalispell, MT

My VIN:    1776

I was filling up on the way to DCS, and two guys in a beat-up Deux Chevaux pulled in. Turns out they were on the way to another show in Saratoga Springs. One of them pointed to my car asnd asked,"We just saw two more of these at a rest stop outside of Toledo...Is there something going on?"

My VIN:    4519

Not actually a "fun experience," but today I was driving my car and saw a guy I was acquainted with a few years ago. He was some kinda engineer-type dude, he liked seeing the car and mentioned having something to do with the DeLorean snowcat. Not sure if he bought them, built them, or what....didn't really have time for Q & A but I'll try to catch up with him again.

He mentioned JZD was "the man" and loves the car, but said the snowcat wasn't very good.
    Last edited by Rich_NYS; 08-25-2014 at 01:04 AM.

My VIN:    01955

Drove through the city on Saturday late afternoon.

Stopped at the lights at the fringe and an older cyclist nearly fell off his bike as he saw me pull up. He was so over the moon, he had the biggest grin showing all his teeth. He started telling everyone around him at the crossing that it was a Delorean. Made me and my Mrs smile and laugh. We nearly missed the lights as we were so enthralled watching him going crazy.

Then in the middle of the city, turning slowly at the lights at an intersection, some young kid screamed out "Ppphhooaarrr! A f*cking Delorean!!!" Another chuckle in the car as we pulled away!

Yeah, good times.

I have had my car for just over a year and a half now. It has been a great car and I have had a lot fun in here. Here are some highlights thus far:

1. The month I got it from DMCH after they got her running I lent her to a young lady from my church to use for her Prom. They had the coolest car and prom and the photos were awesome.
    2. Della (her name) has now been at 3 Coffee and Cars events and 1 car show at a small festival. At every event she get's lots of attention.
    3. In August of last year I took here to MSR race park which is south of Houston and ran laps with her for my 51st birthday.
    4. Early this year I lent her to some young friends for their wedding and they drove her from the Church to the Reception hall. Again the photos were awesome.
    5. In March of this year Della was on the convention room floor of the Texas Pinball Festival along with my Back To The Future pinball machine. During this convention the World Record for Concurrent Pinball Games Played was established for Guiness (sp?) and the video of the event shows here sitting there.
    6. Della is frequently at my Pinball/Video Arcade called The Game Preserve and when she is there, people are always excitied to see her.
    7. We have attended 3 different BTTF events since I got her on the road and they are always a blast.
    8. The people I have met that are in the Texas DeLorean Owner's club in and around Houston are awesome!
    9. I have given rides to at least 3 birthday celebrants and several individuals with special needs/handicaps.
    10. I participated in a club run where we took a gentleman with end stage stomach cancer on a ride for his birthday.

Awesome stuff... looking forward to many more years of sharing and adventures!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast