FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Electric BTTF Car

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Electric BTTF Car

I have seen descriptions of Dr. Delman's electric car in NY/NJ, and I think there is at least one other, but I don't recall an electric BTTF car

http://www.mnn.com/green-tech/transp...ctric-delorean

Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Where does it say he's turning it into a BTTF replica?

Farrar
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

mmm, I guess I made the jump from the photo in the press article.

Guess I was wrong, oops
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

70k range? Yeah well... good luck to you. It would be great for the commuters amonst us. But the folks that venture longer distances, and don't want to be left stranded due to the lack of "juice" because the battery discharged a bit faster than anticipated on their commute will stick with a regular gas DeLorean. At half the cost...
    Obtain 'O Meter▪▼▲≡▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪FEB 7.4% -5.3% since JAN '15
    %0▪▪▪10▪▪▪20▪▪30▪▪▪40▪▪50▪▪▪60▪▪70▪▪80▪▪90▪▪100
    ▪▪▪|▪▪▪▪◊▪▪▪▪◊▪▪▪▪◊▪▪▪▪◊▪▪▪▪◊▪▪▪▪◊▪▪▪▪◊▪▪▪▪◊▪▪▪▪◊▪▪▪▪ |

===My YouTube Channel: TheDutchTexan
    [Vlogging, DashCam Compilations & CarShows!]

My VIN:    06960

Quote Originally Posted by Justice View Post
    70k range? Yeah well... good luck to you. It would be great for the commuters amonst us. But the folks that venture longer distances, and don't want to be left stranded due to the lack of "juice" because the battery discharged a bit faster than anticipated on their commute will stick with a regular gas DeLorean. At half the cost...
    Trailer hitch on the D, purpose built trailer, generator, gas tank, electrical cable.

Long trip problem solved.

Marc Levy was the first to post this idea, still to this day I cannot comprehend how simple of a concept this is.

Personally I'd like to see something done with a traction motor on each wheel hub, but then again that would significantly alter all DeLorean related components of the suspension and probably require a different steering rack and frame modifications. A single huge motor keeps things relatively simple.
    Jim Reeve
    DMC6960

D-Status: - Getting some Spring exercise

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    I have seen descriptions of Dr. Delman's electric car in NY/NJ, and I think there is at least one other, but I don't recall an electric BTTF car
    The Registry shows two electric cars. Dr. Delman's is 5844 I think, and the other is 5426. See http://electricdelorean.com/. I had heard of one other, but have been unable to chase it down to confirm the VIN.

Thomas

Last edited by Citizen; 08-06-2011 at 08:12 AM.

DeLorean Owner Since 2006

My VIN:    3676

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

I remember reading about another one in Japan and one in Italy. I just don't get why people do this to DeLoreans. There are so many better candidates for it instead.

+1. a vintage VW beetle would be a prime candidate imho. Batteries up front, motor in the back. AND 4 people seating. The weight would increase dramatically, but starting from way below 2000 pounds is a good thing.
    Obtain 'O Meter▪▼▲≡▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪FEB 7.4% -5.3% since JAN '15
    %0▪▪▪10▪▪▪20▪▪30▪▪▪40▪▪50▪▪▪60▪▪70▪▪80▪▪90▪▪100
    ▪▪▪|▪▪▪▪◊▪▪▪▪◊▪▪▪▪◊▪▪▪▪◊▪▪▪▪◊▪▪▪▪◊▪▪▪▪◊▪▪▪▪◊▪▪▪▪◊▪▪▪▪ |

===My YouTube Channel: TheDutchTexan
    [Vlogging, DashCam Compilations & CarShows!]

Builder of the first Delorean Time Machine

My VIN:    2072

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
    I remember reading about another one in Japan and one in Italy. I just don't get why people do this to DeLoreans. There are so many better candidates for it instead.
    Because Deloreans are stylish and futuristic. It makes sense for them to have a 'futuristic' electric motor. Also, nerds are attracted to both Deloreans and electric cars. Shall I draw a Venn diagram?

If I had the money, I'd convert my BTTF car to electric. It'd be awesome, and I wouldn't have to worry about needing a nuclear reactor, or having the fuel lines damaged when I'm visiting 1855…..

Of course, I'm sure you still think I should restore 2930 to stock…. so we will never see eye to eye.

--buddy

electric DeLoreans

As far as I know, there are four electric DeLoreans on the road at this time.

1. The Tilley DeLorean, this was the first conversion, brought back to life and converted to lithium power by Bob and Ryan Brandys.

2. My eD, converted by myself and Tom Neiland. Still the fastest and longest range DC conversion. Also the NEDRA 1/8 mile record holder in its class.

3. A conversion in Japan.

4. An AC conversion in Italy.

There are several others in the works as well as one that I believe is being sponsored by DMC .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast