FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Slight hesitating pulling away from a stand still.

My VIN:    01955

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    If it just started doing this (and you didn't touch anything recently) one of the most likely causes is vacuum leaks. Especially since you mention the intake was removed. Plenty of opportunities to create or develop a vacuum leak.
    The joy of tracking this down as I have read so many posts of owners trying to find their leaks. It's like the never ending story.

Another possibility is the gas. Did you recently put gas in?
    You mean fill up the car with fuel/petrol? If so, yes I did, but not full.

Bad fuel?
    Last edited by SIMid; 08-27-2014 at 09:58 PM.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Quote Originally Posted by SIMid View Post
    The joy of tracking this down as I have read so many posts of owners trying to find their leaks. It's like the never ending story.

You mean fill up the car with fuel/petrol? If so, yes I did, but not full.

Bad fuel?
    Yes. If it was OK and you noticed this -AFTER- you put gas in, bad gas has to be considered as a possibility. Use this gas up as far down as you can and refill with fresh fuel. Maybe the problem will go away?
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    Vin 11753 ex Vin 11766, 11622

Club(s):   (ADOA) (DCH)

I had a similar issue once which took me a while to find, until it hesitated then stopped completely.
    Poor connections at the ballast resistor.
    It was quite a noticeable hesitation
    Al Vanstone
    Vin 11753 - Kuwait
    Ex Vin 11766 - Dubai
    Ex Vin 11622 - Culloden Auction

www.deloreanclub.co.uk
    As seen on The One Show, Channel 5, Discovery, Britains Greatest Machines and of course Wheeler Dealers!
    Want to know about balljoint failure.. look here http://www.deloreaneurotec.co.uk/for...hp?f=13&t=2198

My VIN:    1325

Quote Originally Posted by NightFlyer View Post
    Does it only seam to happen when the engine is cold, such as within the first several minutes after a cold start-up?
    My car has this exact problem. It only happens when I first start driving the car cold. After a few minutes there are zero issues. Vacuum leaks?

Quote Originally Posted by berickson926 View Post
    My car has this exact problem. It only happens when I first start driving the car cold. After a few minutes there are zero issues. Vacuum leaks?
    If you only notice hesitation when cold it is probably the Control Pressure Regulator aka warm up regulator or the vacuum hose connections to it. The CPR can go bad or be out of calibration.
    David Teitelbaum

Banned

My VIN:    1798

Quote Originally Posted by berickson926 View Post
    As David said, more likely than not an issue with the CPR/WUR. Welcome to the club - seems to be a bunch of us currently experiencing an issue with this K-Jet component (myself included). As I know what the problem is and it isn't that big a deal, I'm waiting until winter hibernation to investigate it further and repair it (I'll probably end up rebuilding it).

Best luck

Quote Originally Posted by A Van View Post
    I had a similar issue once which took me a while to find, until it hesitated then stopped completely.
    Poor connections at the ballast resistor.
    It was quite a noticeable hesitation
    Mine is ever so slight, doesn't stall, just like a small hiccup when I apply the throttle.

I'll check those connections as it will only take a few minutes and see what happens.

Yes. If it was OK and you noticed this -AFTER- you put gas in, bad gas has to be considered as a possibility. Use this gas up as far down as you can and refill with fresh fuel. Maybe the problem will go away?
    It was after. I could put a higher octane next time and that may balance up the issue with the fuel.

It was after. I could put a higher octane next time and that may balance up the issue with the fuel.
    Higher octane does not necessarily mean better fuel. Try another brand. Maybe the station you bought the fuel in had water in their tank.
    David Teitelbaum

Mine is ever so slight, doesn't stall, just like a small hiccup when I apply the throttle.

I'll check those connections as it will only take a few minutes and see what happens.
    A *slight* hesitation within the first minute of starting the motor is not abnormal. If it gets worse it should be fixed. Realize that even with everything working perfectly the motor is calibrated to run it's best at operating temperature and that can take a few minutes.
    David Teitelbaum

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast