FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Feel your pain

I don't want to be part of the Human race Roman Legion's Avatar

My VIN:    VIN in progress.

Club(s):   (DCVA) (LVDG) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Feel your pain

I understand how you feel, but maybe in a different way about people touching your cars, I was having a good day yesterday, not great, but not bad either. I was walking out to my car and I get to the parking lot and people are next to my car and messing with it. I stop for a second and see one putting their vibrating phone on my rear window and it's sliding down, another is messing with my rear wiper and another is about to use her foot to tap my rear wheel cover and before she could I used my key fob to let my car bark at them with honking and they all walked off.

What the hell is wrong with people? I wouldn't even touch the car of a person I hate, let alone some random person's car. Then I realise I have the money to pay the ticket I had from my Mustang and in full, so I do that and find out my license had been suspended and I had no idea the whole time I as driving all over.

So basically, had I hit a police checkpoint or been driving fast enough to get a ticket, which I don't being the hypermiler I am, I got lucky. Ticket was like $174, DMV fee for reinstating my license is $145.. Almost the cost of my ticket for a fee to push a button on a computer, it blew my mind.

Not sure about tickets and DMV fees in other states, but I really, really, really hate Virginia and can't wait to get my A+ certification and leave. I miss Nevada.

Didn't help my day, but didn't spoil it with a resurgence of depression, so that's good I guess. So for now, I can't drive 55..

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

I feel your pain with regard to the ticket thing. I once got a speeding ticket driving back to college the the Saturday after Thanksgiving. It pissed me off so I put it off for a week; then finally decided to pay it a week from the following Monday at ~11:00pm (8 days later). I went online to the Cincinnati Police Dept website to find that my status was "court appearance missed - warrant issued." Talk about a major f$&@ing freak out. I simply assumed I had 30 days to pay the ticket but I was completely wrong. I guess the cop gets to decide the date of the court appearance if you wish to challenge it, and set it for that Monday (about 4 hours prior to me going on line to pay it). I just never read the ticket.

Luckily in a big city like Cincy, the cleark of courts is open and staffed 24hrs. I drove downtown at about 2am, (assuming the whole time that if I got pulled over I was in jail) paid the $109 ticket, plus a $75 fine for failing to appear in court.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    I feel your pain with regard to the ticket thing. I once got a speeding ticket driving back to college the the Saturday after Thanksgiving. It pissed me off so I put it off for a week; then finally decided to pay it a week from the following Monday at ~11:00pm (8 days later). I went online to the Cincinnati Police Dept website to find that my status was "court appearance missed - warrant issued." Talk about a major f$&@ing freak out. I simply assumed I had 30 days to pay the ticket but I was completely wrong. I guess the cop gets to decide the date of the court appearance if you wish to challenge it, and set it for that Monday (about 4 hours prior to me going on line to pay it). I just never read the ticket.

Luckily in a big city like Cincy, the cleark of courts is open and staffed 24hrs. I drove downtown at about 2am, (assuming the whole time that if I got pulled over I was in jail) paid the $109 ticket, plus a $75 fine for failing to appear in court.
    I got a $174 ticket, I didn't show either since it's a 3 hour, almost 200 mile drive down there and I had class that day. I was in town that weekend visiting my parents, I think it was memorial day weekend. I wasn't going anywhere near as fast as they said I was, but that's not important. I wish they would have sent me a notice saying it was suspended, I've been driving around, in and out of state on a suspended license and had no idea.

The DMV fee in Virginia is insane at $145, just to reinstate my license.

I've been contemplating if I should just drive there, pay the fee or take a bus that goes within 0.6 miles of the DMV and walking over and busing back. If I get caught driving on a suspended license in Virginia, it's a class 1 misdemeanor, which from what I hear, is almost felony serious.

I can't wait to move back out to Nevada, I hate Virginia. That and those jerks messing with my car in the parking lot, that annoyed the hell out of me, I mean who tries to kick a panel on someone else's car, let alone dropping their phone on the rear window and pulling on my rear wiper. I can see now kinda how you guys feel when some moron touches your car or tries to rub a magnet on it.. et cetera.. People suck at respecting other people's property.

My VIN:    4519

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    Since most of the body is plastic and I'm not sure how aluminum holds up to the heat either, not to mention my car is a ULEV, kinda impractical..lol

Banned

My VIN:    1798

"What do you know of my pain?"

Quote Originally Posted by NightFlyer View Post
    "What do you know of my pain?"

"You're right, I don't know how chronic hemorrhoids feel."

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by Roman Legion View Post
    "You're right, I don't know how chronic hemorrhoids feel."
    All those holes in the ground, I kinda assumed the dude had diarrhea.

I love how easy it is to make fun of that movie.
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted