FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Stasi/Gestapo Like Admins Deleting Posts Here

Banned

My VIN:    1798

Stasi/Gestapo Like Admins Deleting Posts Here

Earlier today, at least two posts (one of which was mine) were deleted from the following thread without explanation by an unknown admin/mod:

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?98...nce-Industries

Given that the thread involves a vendor, one cannot help but to wonder if there's collusion between the vendor at issue and those who own/operate this forum.

Of course, it's even more suspicious when one considers that there hasn't been any known post deletions by the admins/mods from the John Hervey / Special T Auto review thread here.

Anyway, I just wanted to make all members aware of such issue and see if us peons can't get a public response and explanation from the offending admin/mod regarding said posts. So, big man, whoever you are, here's your chance to provide everyone with the answers to these questions:

1) why were the posts at issue deleted; 2) what Talk rule did the posts violate; and 3) why weren't those who made the posts contacted about such deletion and provided with an explanation?

In the meantime, if you're sick of shit like this, then I encourage you all to join www.dmctoday.com, where you can rest assured that crap like this will NEVER happen so long as I have anything to do with that forum.

Good day to all

DeLorean Owner Since 2006

My VIN:    3676

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

I was the author of the other post.

I merely mentioned that I had heard of other recent issues with the same vendor and agreed with the poster about the questions raised about their business practices and posted a 100% verifiable fact about the vendor boasting about defrauding another vendor.

Deleting my post is outright favoritism and a disservice to the DeLorean community.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
    I was the author of the other post.

I merely mentioned that I had heard of other recent issues with the same vendor and agreed with the poster about the questions raised about their business practices and posted a 100% verifiable fact about the vendor boasting about defrauding another vendor.

Deleting my post is outright favoritism and a disservice to the DeLorean community.
    Your post was 100% valid and should NOT have been deleted.

My post asked a question - somewhat seriously and somewhat in jest (and denoted by an emoticon), as the vendor at issue had previously stated on another forum that he wouldn't sell to those who had Bill Robertson-esque modifications done to their cars, thus I thought that perhaps such might provide the OP with a legitimate answer to the concern/issue that he was raising about such vendor.

Again, 100% valid and should NOT have been deleted.

So, does the Talk admin/mod who's selectively limiting voices from being freely heard wish to explain themselves so that all members can see the given explanation???

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm personally getting sick of this forum's aversion to drama/controversy, and using such to justify closing threads, deleting posts, editing posts, etc.

News flash - sometimes there's drama and sometimes there's controversy. That's life, friends. You can either deal with it like freedom loving adults, or like the stasi/gestapo. The choice is yours, but IMHO, you're not going to build a very strong community when you try to control things as the stasi/gestapo did - sure, on the surface all may appear to be rainbows and butterflies, but what you always fail to see is the festering cancer of contempt which lies underneath and acts to tears communities such as this one apart.

Again, I strongly encourage all my friends here to register and participate over on www.dmctoday.com, as you won't ever have to worry about such situations over there, because we really do believe in a community of respect over there - respecting and treating each member as the adults they truly are.

Or, you can stay and subject yourselves to the whims of General Secretary Honecker.
    Last edited by NightFlyer; 08-29-2014 at 07:05 PM.

My VIN:    6585

So out of curiosity, what was the purpose of this:

http://www.dmctoday.com/showthread.p...ll=1#post19183

Honest question. What is this experiment that you're trying to conduct? Is it a joke/troll? Was the goal simply a set up to create an advertisement for DMCToday?

I'm just wondering.
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

DeLorean Owner Since 2006

My VIN:    3676

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DMCVegas View Post

Honest question. What is this experiment that you're trying to conduct? Is it a joke/troll? Was the goal simply a set up to create an advertisement for DMCToday?

I'm just wondering.
    If you had actually read the thread, you'd have seen that my experiment was to post about my new project car and see how people would respond. I also professed to being surprised at the positive reaction; hence why I was becoming more involved here again, but that has come to an end due to the favoritism and unwarranted deleting of posts.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DMCVegas View Post

I'm just wondering.
    That was/is this:

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?10...oject-VIN-3676

Chad received a lot of negative reaction to his purchase and desired restoration of this car on the many DeLorean Facebook groups. The 'experiment' was simply starting a thread here and seeing what the reaction would be. As many of Chad's previous threads here were met with attack, including his 'for sale' thread of his previous DeLorean, he had reasonably thought that his restoration thread here might just meet the same fate as his postings to the various DeLorean FB groups did - with a negative reaction. Essentially, the experiment was to see if things (both the moderation and the attitudes of some members) were in fact getting better around here or not. Needless to say that Chad was pleasantly surprised when the reaction turned out to be quite positive and supportive.

So, now you know. Not quite what you were expecting, is it?

Maybe we're really not the 'chucklefucks' that you presume us to be after all.....

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

-Mike

My engine twists my frame.

1981 DeLorean, Carb LS4 swap completed
    1999 Corvette, cam/headers/intake manifold, 400 rwhp
    2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

For what it's worth, I read dmctoday.com fairly regularly, but I rarely find a thread to comment in. It certainly seems like a very tight group of members with a lot of inside jokes, but I don't think it contains the same technical discussions that this forum has. That's the main reason I come here; to talk about the technical aspects of the DeLorean. Just my opinion and 2 cents .

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    For what it's worth, I read dmctoday.com fairly regularly, but I rarely find a thread to comment in. It certainly seems like a very tight group of members with a lot of inside jokes, but I don't think it contains the same technical discussions that this forum has. That's the main reason I come here; to talk about the technical aspects of the DeLorean. Just my opinion and 2 cents .
    I know what you're saying and I think you'll find that's because most regular Today members rarely have inquiries for other members about troubleshooting a defect with their car, as most Today members are very proficient when it comes to wrenching on cars and are already familiar with the DeLorean specific systems/quirks.

That's not to say that we wouldn't welcome such discussion with open arms over on Today, as we're a very helping bunch - hell, Bill will practically tear his entire car apart just to post pics of a particular part for someone.

As a member of both forums once said of Today "there is some good information on this forum, but you must always read through a bunch of useless bullshit first."

http://dmctoday.com/showthread.php?8...ll=1#post17169

I'm not gonna lie - we're definitely guilty of having some major bullshit over there at times - but you'll also notice that it's the bullshit that's largely responsible for making us such a tight-knit community.

And we do have a lot of good info too, and would love to welcome more participants. Today is whatever you want to make it, without limitation

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

What some call bullshit, others call friendly banter. I guess it'sall depending on your outlook.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast