FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: An Open Letter To This Commmunity

My VIN:    3299

Here's the thing with talking this whole thing out: it doesn't matter what Mike, Sound, or I say - Nightflyer - you're not going to be pleased nor content with any reasoning we give.

I like you, Nightflyer, as a fellow owner and human being. Online, man, I don't know you.

There will be no more relaying information through Chad or anyone else.

Chad, I will ask you now on behalf of the mods and admins: please do not relay any more responses from anyone at DMCToday over here. I appreciate what you're trying to do, but this is doing nothing now but beating a dead horse.

Any further "middleman" discussion will result in more bans.

Just for the record: admins answer to Tamir. We don't have to explain anything to anyone.

Trust me, we have received some solid praise for this. People are fed up with the drama and the antics.

You guys made DMCToday as an alternative for DMCTalk. Well, it's your alternative for another 5.5 days.
    DMCTalk.org Moderator

Actual snippet of a conversation from Sept 2013:

Me: Eddie, I can't wait to get the car back when you're done with it.

Eddie: Yeah, you'll be able to give the car gas, and it won't be - like - embarrassing....

My VIN:    4519

Most of you know I'm "Team Josh," but that doesn't stop me from being objective.

Josh is an asset to the community. I just read a post where a guy overseas is upside-down on a DeLorean purchase on day one; I feel bad for that guy, and immediately recalled my purchase earlier this year where I was able to get a great assessment on a car with the help of guys like Jeremiah, Jonathan and Josh.

I get what is being said about drama & all that; I don't like pissy-pants BS and notice that you never see me starting shit here (and I like to start shit,) but I think anyone who'd rather see Josh off the forum permanently is just being a dick.

I agree he needs to understand the field he's playing on, but at the same time anyone who doesn't want to read his arms-length responses can/should just ignore them. I personally like more excitement than everyone just making nice all the time, but I might be the unsilent minority and I do understand the field I'm playing on.....here, and over on Today.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by wnorris89 View Post
    I thought the comment was pretty funny. I even changed my signature on that other forum to say something about lawn mower parts. When I get around to it I am going to install a lawn mower solenoid on my car in place of a much needed horn relay. Some people really need to lighten up and not take things so personal. There is this thing called humor. Laugh a little, you might live longer.

Mike pretty much summed it up right there. I've got no problems with him either. We had a really nice phone conversation about a year ago where he even offered to get me back on DMCTalk. I politely refused reminding him that it was pointless because I would just end up pissing someone off again and that he would have more people crying to ban me.

I'm sure we will have a good time shooting the bull next time we are around each other. I just hope I can make it to another one of Decker's tech days sometime soon. That is the last place I saw Mike.

Crap. He just wrote my entire life philosophy stuff. I'm not sure if I wrote that sentence correctly since I'm white Louisiana trash but yeah, I pretty much do everything he said. In fact, me and my lovely foreign wife (whom I met while traveling the planet) are planning to adopt an animal from the local shelter as we speak.

If you want to be happy in life, take the advice that Mike just said. He pretty much hit everything spot on. Great post Mike. I don't think anyone could have written it better.

Moderators, you now have my permission to ban me.

-Steve Rice
    Steve SUCKS

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    Most of you know I'm "Team Josh," but that doesn't stop me from being objective.

Josh is an asset to the community. I just read a post where a guy overseas is upside-down on a DeLorean purchase on day one; I feel bad for that guy, and immediately recalled my purchase earlier this year where I was able to get a great assessment on a car with the help of guys like Jeremiah, Jonathan and Josh.

I get what is being said about drama & all that; I don't like pissy-pants BS and notice that you never see me starting shit here (and I like to start shit,) but I think anyone who'd rather see Josh off the forum permanently is just being a dick.

I agree he needs to understand the field he's playing on, but at the same time anyone who doesn't want to read his arms-length responses can/should just ignore them. I personally like more excitement than everyone just making nice all the time, but I might be the unsilent minority and I do understand the field I'm playing on.....here, and over on Today.
    +1 (minus "Team Josh";-)

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

I for one welcome heavier moderation. I'm all for online socializing, but there's a time and a place -- I've seen so many thread derailments on both forums it's ridiculous. I'll search for information on something, and I will see two or three on-topic posts, followed by pages of godknowswhat, and months later, oh, wait, did that question ever get answered? And people keep saying the same stuff over and over in different threads. It's like DMC Tourette's. (No offense if you have Tourette's syndrome. It's just the best analogy I could think of.) Meanwhile, one forum user paints the other forum's users with a broad brush, and vice versa. It goes on and on and eventually we all end up looking to outsiders like a bunch of angry teenagers. I am a user of both forums, but I find myself equally uncomfortable on each, as I read people posting things like "all the people over on DMC______ are just _______ and can go screw themselves," or "take that crap over to DMC_____ where it belongs."

Anyway, other folks in this thread have said it better than I have. But I nonetheless wanted to add my drop to the bucket and say that I look forward to the return of civility. Thanks to the moderators in advance for doing their best to bring it back. It amazes me that you volunteer for this.

Peace out.
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

My VIN:    1121

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    I for one welcome heavier moderation. I'm all for online socializing, but there's a time and a place -- I've seen so many thread derailments on both forums it's ridiculous. I'll search for information on something, and I will see two or three on-topic posts, followed by pages of godknowswhat, and months later, oh, wait, did that question ever get answered? And people keep saying the same stuff over and over in different threads. It's like DMC Tourette's. (No offense if you have Tourette's syndrome. It's just the best analogy I could think of.) Meanwhile, one forum user paints the other forum's users with a broad brush, and vice versa. It goes on and on and eventually we all end up looking to outsiders like a bunch of angry teenagers. I am a user of both forums, but I find myself equally uncomfortable on each, as I read people posting things like "all the people over on DMC______ are just _______ and can go screw themselves," or "take that crap over to DMC_____ where it belongs."

Anyway, other folks in this thread have said it better than I have. But I nonetheless wanted to add my drop to the bucket and say that I look forward to the return of civility. Thanks to the moderators in advance for doing their best to bring it back. It amazes me that you volunteer for this.

Peace out.
    +1

(you said it very well as far as I'm concerned)

+2

My VIN:    1374

Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    I for one welcome heavier moderation.

Peace out.
    This is about right. Well said. Keep it simple and keep it DeLorean.-P
    A can of worms doesn't open itself.

Patrick Maruska Seattle WA USA.

My VIN:    5835

Club(s):   (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

Keep it Delorean? Then why does the main page say this?

"Welcome to DMCTalk.org: an open forum dedicated to the discussion and debate about our beloved sports car the DeLorean, its maker, and anything interesting in-between. Registration is free, and by doing so you get to post and participate in the discussion and view any attachments. Since this is an open forum, not all views expressed by its participants are shared by the owners and moderators of the forum. Enjoy the forum everyone! "

That's hypocritical for sure! Maybe that should be changed to say "only Delorean talk and moderator approved talk allowed here" surely not "anything interesting in between"
    That's just outright lies.
    Lou and "Boo"- The man you love to hate.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Boo" VIN 5835
    Born October 1981 - Brought back to life December 2011
    "Fastest naturally aspirated PRV" Delorean
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Blue" - 1985 Fiero GT
    3800sc series 2

My VIN:    3060

Your definition of "interesting" is subjective.

But it does say something that Lou shows up here again after swearing off this forum forever. You just can't resist this place, can ya?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast