FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: An Open Letter To This Commmunity

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Guys, that long post was Nightflyers words, not Chads.

Chad just copied and pasted NF post from DMCToday
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    16336 (SOLD)

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    Guys, that long post was Nightflyers words, not Chads.

Chad just copied and pasted NF post from DMCToday
    Thank u Dangermouse for clearing that up. Sorry to bring ur name into this Chad. Didnt understand the post. But to you, nightflyer, same message. It didnt involve u, Steve and I are fine, deal with your own issues.

Steve- congratulations on the nuptuals! I hadnt heard.
    One of DMCTalk.org's original admins

Mainly lurking, just passing through. Still enjoying reading about everyone's progress.

DeLorean Owner Since 2006

My VIN:    3676

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by RETIRED View Post
    I went to DMCToday because it's my choice to post over there and SPEAK to those who could not post over here. I offered an olive branch to Bill and Steve, which is none of your business. That was between those gentlemen and myself. Between all the hearsay and whatnots, I didn't want any animosity between us over crap that was being dragged out... like my comment I made about Steve.

The irony is, even Steve posted on here about he and I squashing our differences, yet you feel it is your duty to call me a LIAR, in a situation in which you were not even part of. Were you on the hour + phone conversation between steve and I? Because I really don't remember you there when I apologized and he apologized and we left everything at the door.

So you can hold whatever opinion you want of me, Chad. Because it's just that... YOUR opinion. When it comes down to it, you are posting negative stuff to try to start more crap. I wish you luck with your new car, and have a nice life.

Parties involved have let it go, yet you stick your nose in where it wasn't at to begin with.

It's not nice to call people names, Chad. I hope you grow out of that some day... and yes, let it go.
    Mike,

That is Josh S's reply, not mine. As I said on DMCToday in response to posting it. I can't stand when those in power wield it unjustly and use it to silence their opposition. Just as I took offense to Tamir's discrediting comments and locking of the thread; I view that as slanderous defamation. I won't stand for that when it happens to me or others and posted Josh S's reply because it was what I feel to be right.

Quote Originally Posted by RETIRED View Post
    Thank u Dangermouse for clearing that up. Sorry to bring ur name into this Chad. Didnt understand the post. But to you, nightflyer, same message. It didnt involve u, Steve and I are fine, deal with your own issues.

Steve- congratulations on the nuptuals! I hadnt heard.
    No problem there. It gave me a chance to explain why I posted it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
    Mike,

That is Josh S's reply, not mine. As I said on DMCToday in response to posting it. I can't stand when those in power wield it unjustly and use it to silence their opposition. Just as I took offense to Tamir's discrediting comments and locking of the thread; I view that as slanderous defamation. I won't stand for that when it happens to me or others and posted Josh S's reply because it was what I feel to be right.
    Understood. Again, sorry for misunderstanding the post. Im sitting by the splashpad with the kids trying to respond on my phone.

Mainly lurking, just passing through. Still enjoying reading about everyone's progress.

This is another reply from Josh S.
    (AKA NightFlier)

Regarding further responses to my open letter over on Talk from Jeremiah and Mike as I obviously can't respond over there because of my banning.

Quote Originally Posted by Delorean03
    Point is: I don't need unnecessary drama. The DMCTalk community is beyond tired of the needless drama. We come to the forums to interact with each other and share information, stories, and enjoy each other's company. When I dread coming to these forums, there's a problem. I am not the problem. The vendors are not the problem. The majority of this community is not the problem.
    First off, I want to say that I hope you know that I think you're a really good guy, and that nothing that I'm posting in regards to the situation is meant to be taken personally. I'm merely addressing the actions that occurred.

Second, if you don't want unnecessary drama, then why did you allow Adam Kontras to post his complaint about VideoBob when you knew that VideoBob would respond to it in an adversarial fashion, such as he did? Why do you allow people to post comments about negative experiences with DPI when you know that DPI Josh is going to complain about such and respond to it in an adversarial fashion, such as he does? Why not just ban all that kind of stuff all together if you don't want it on the forum?

The only reason I interjected is because the forum claims to be a place for discussion. You're saying that you don't want those kinds of discussions, but yet, you allow them to form and take place, but then only punish certain people for being engaged in them instead of everyone who was engaged in them. It makes NO logical/rational sense. Either institute a ban against drama all together, or allow it play out and tell those who don't like it to use their ignore buttons - again, what's so hard about that? And where's the problem so long as it's not spilling over into other threads?

Otherwise, what's the standard that you're attempting to impose over there, as I've always respected and tried to conduct myself within the confines of the posted rules. The only reason I got and continue to get into trouble on Talk is because 1) there isn't an express standard, and 2) because others complain about me because they apparently don't know how to ignore me.

I really don't want to be the guy that packs up his toys and leaves, but gosh darned it all, I've been asking for a bright line express rule since Ron, and you guys have never provided such, thus I still don't know what it is that I did that was so wrong that warranted my banning.

This is my final plea - please explain why I was banned. If your only reason is because I somehow caused unnecessary drama, but you can't explain how exactly I did that, then it's clearly a wholly subjective and personal standard that you're attempting to impose on Talk, and sorry, but I don't play those kind of games, as they're not fair to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by RETIRED
    The irony is, even Steve posted on here about he and I squashing our differences, yet you feel it is your duty to call me a LIAR, in a situation in which you were not even part of.
    LIE - The comment in which you made the initial remarks about DMCToday and it's membership was in a thread that I posted over on Talk about a new forum and in a direct response to a post that I had made on that thread, thus I was in fact directly involved.

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?75...l=1#post110479

Members can read it for themselves and decide what your original intent was, but my reading of both it and the subsequent aftermath on both forums are that the initial remarks were meant to be disparaging and hurtful, and not sarcastic as you attempted to claim.

I never denied that you guys buried the hatchet after the fact, thus not sure why you're re-hashing that yet again. The only thing I contested was your assertion that you originally meant the remarks to be sarcastic, which you clearly did NOT but are still attempting to lie about - why, I honestly don't have a clue.

But you're right as far as such not really mattering.

I just don't like it when people attempt to stand/rest upon lies, call it a pet peeve, but it goes to my sense of justice - must be the way my parents raised me.

Because I really don't remember you there when I apologized and he apologized and we left everything at the door.
    If the remarks were only sarcastic, as you claimed, then why would there have been any need for you to apologize? Confused and puzzled by this....

It's not nice to call people names,
    First off, I'm Josh, NOT Chad.

Second, the only thing I called you was a liar because you clearly lied, via your own self admission wherein you expressed the need for you to apologize, and via the objective evidence for all to see and interpret for themselves.

If you don't like being called a liar, than please, don't lie - pretty simple, yes?

Again, I agree with you that such really doesn't matter and shouldn't be taken seriously by anyone, but that alone doesn't change the rest of the objective facts, does it?

Otherwise, I agreed with both your and Steve's assessment of the situation, thus, I'm really not sure why you're as upset as you appear to be.....????

Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
    This is another reply from Josh S.
    (AKA NightFlier)

Regarding further responses to my open letter over on Talk from Jeremiah and Mike as I obviously can't respond over there because of my banning.

First off, I want to say that I hope you know that I think you're a really good guy, and that nothing that I'm posting in regards to the situation is meant to be taken personally. I'm merely addressing the actions that occurred.

Second, if you don't want unnecessary drama, then why did you allow Adam Kontras to post his complaint about VideoBob when you knew that VideoBob would respond to it in an adversarial fashion, such as he did? Why do you allow people to post comments about negative experiences with DPI when you know that DPI Josh is going to complain about such and respond to it in an adversarial fashion, such as he does? Why not just ban all that kind of stuff all together if you don't want it on the forum?

The only reason I interjected is because the forum claims to be a place for discussion. You're saying that you don't want those kinds of discussions, but yet, you allow them to form and take place, but then only punish certain people for being engaged in them instead of everyone who was engaged in them. It makes NO logical/rational sense. Either institute a ban against drama all together, or allow it play out and tell those who don't like it to use their ignore buttons - again, what's so hard about that? And where's the problem so long as it's not spilling over into other threads?

Otherwise, what's the standard that you're attempting to impose over there, as I've always respected and tried to conduct myself within the confines of the posted rules. The only reason I got and continue to get into trouble on Talk is because 1) there isn't an express standard, and 2) because others complain about me because they apparently don't know how to ignore me.

I really don't want to be the guy that packs up his toys and leaves, but gosh darned it all, I've been asking for a bright line express rule since Ron, and you guys have never provided such, thus I still don't know what it is that I did that was so wrong that warranted my banning.

This is my final plea - please explain why I was banned. If your only reason is because I somehow caused unnecessary drama, but you can't explain how exactly I did that, then it's clearly a wholly subjective and personal standard that you're attempting to impose on Talk, and sorry, but I don't play those kind of games, as they're not fair to everyone.

LIE - The comment in which you made the initial remarks about DMCToday and it's membership was in a thread that I posted over on Talk about a new forum and in a direct response to a post that I had made on that thread, thus I was in fact directly involved.

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?75...l=1#post110479

Members can read it for themselves and decide what your original intent was, but my reading of both it and the subsequent aftermath on both forums are that the initial remarks were meant to be disparaging and hurtful, and not sarcastic as you attempted to claim.

I never denied that you guys buried the hatchet after the fact, thus not sure why you're re-hashing that yet again. The only thing I contested was your assertion that you originally meant the remarks to be sarcastic, which you clearly did NOT but are still attempting to lie about - why, I honestly don't have a clue.

But you're right as far as such not really mattering.

I just don't like it when people attempt to stand/rest upon lies, call it a pet peeve, but it goes to my sense of justice - must be the way my parents raised me.

If the remarks were only sarcastic, as you claimed, then why would there have been any need for you to apologize? Confused and puzzled by this....

First off, I'm Josh, NOT Chad.

Second, the only thing I called you was a liar because you clearly lied, via your own self admission wherein you expressed the need for you to apologize, and via the objective evidence for all to see and interpret for themselves.

If you don't like being called a liar, than please, don't lie - pretty simple, yes?

Again, I agree with you that such really doesn't matter and shouldn't be taken seriously by anyone, but that alone doesn't change the rest of the objective facts, does it?

Otherwise, I agreed with both your and Steve's assessment of the situation, thus, I'm really not sure why you're as upset as you appear to be.....????
    I guess if it wasnt sarcastic, you are all supporting nigerian lottery tickets and fake seiko watches
    I guess all the tech advice youve dished out required john deere parts. No, not at all. Sarcastic, snarky remark. Interpret it however you may wish, im done.

My VIN:    3060

What is the point of banning Nightflyer if his cronies just post for him?

Nightflyer, follow through on your threat to leave Talk. Or are you worried you wouldn't be able to pretend to be as much of a victim than if you are perma banned?

And why can't Today exist without depending on Talk? You get banned here so you go over there to complain about it? Today couldn't function if they couldn't complain about Talk (or Obama) anymore.

It's sad.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Anyone who is banned got themselves banned so don't blame the moderators. They are only enforcing the rules which, if you use common sense, are easy to follow. If you insist on causing controversy and don't stop after being warned you only have yourself to blame. Even if you are banned, you can still view, you just can't post. If others choose to post for the banned person they are also at risk of being banned. The rules are for the common good of the whole community which has to take precedence over any individual's freedom of speech to yell FIRE in a crowded room.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    500 ft pounds torque.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Kane View Post
    What is the point of banning Nightflyer if his cronies just post for him?

Nightflyer, follow through on your threat to leave Talk. Or are you worried you wouldn't be able to pretend to be as much of a victim than if you are perma banned?

And why can't Today exist without depending on Talk? You get banned here so you go over there to complain about it? Today couldn't function if they couldn't complain about Talk (or Obama) anymore.

It's sad.
    I agree with this. To all others, LET IT GO. If nightflyer decides to come back, let this crap go, or dont come back.
    Soundkillr was here.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast