Since I had to pull the K-Jet intake on 2126 to repair a distributor problem, I decided this would be a good time to at least "mock up" a carb/intake manifold. I have read all the carb posts on this forum, and find this to be an interesting and challenging project. I am an old hot rodder, and have done quite a lot of fab work over the years. SO ,I have completed the intake, fabbed a throttle bracket to utilize the original cable/spool bracket, and found a Motorcraft 2100 carb, which appears to be rebuildable.I do have a few questions, and would appreciate advice/opinions.
1. I am contemplating using an in-line pump, mounted in the engine compartment, running a new line from the tank. I understand most conversions have an in- tank pump ---what advice/opinions on pumps/installations? I plan to run new pump wiring from the original pump connector to the new pump in the engine compartment, and retain the RPM relay pump power as original. Comments??

2. What about PCV ---crankcase ventilation---the MOTORCRAFT 2100 I purchased does not appear to have a PCV outlet---what air cleaners have PCV hose connections in the base ---have found none locally. I know the engine needs to be vented. Ideas???

3. Distributor vac advance----should I leave connected as it now is, or come off the carb ported vac connection?

4. Plan on installing a Pertronix 40K coil---I read somewhere about wiring the resistor differently to increase the primary voltage to the coil, thus a hotter spark/enabling a wider plug gap---Comments???

I will appreciate any advice/comments----would enjoy conversations with anyone with experience with the carb conversion.
Thanks, Leroy