FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: T-panel

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Dietrich View Post
    Which brackets buddy?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    This was when I first got the car and the louver would catch sometimes on the T panel. I'm pretty sure I drilled and tapped the brackets where the rear finisher bolted to. Now the finisher would hold the T panel lower.
    Attached Images
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

Thats sounds like it might work Dave! I know there tiny screws. Almost feels like its bottoming out to something? I could always remove the screws and see if it moves down further. Mine has been this way since i bought the car but how does it get that way?

Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Another thing you can try is to insert a small piece of appropriately thick rubber gasket material to fill in the gap. Like so...

image.jpeg
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-81 View Post
    Another thing you can try is to insert a small piece of appropriately thick rubber gasket material to fill in the gap. Like so...

image.jpeg
    Yeah so my car has some foam stuff on it but it was all deteriorated and dry rotted. I get married in a little over a week from now and my fiance doesn't want me there really big into any big projects with the car because it's going to be featured in my wedding along with two other DeLorean so I'm getting all this crap straightened out so after the wedding I'm taking it off the road again to finish doing what I need to do. It's safe and drivable but it's just small little cosmetic stuff I still want to do like the fascias getting painted, my suspension and brake upgrade plus the T panel stuff.

Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Dietrich View Post
    Yeah so my car has some foam stuff on it but it was all deteriorated and dry rotted. I get married in a little over a week from now and my fiance doesn't want me there really big into any big projects with the car because it's going to be featured in my wedding along with two other DeLorean so I'm getting all this crap straightened out so after the wedding I'm taking it off the road again to finish doing what I need to do. It's safe and drivable but it's just small little cosmetic stuff I still want to do like the fascias getting painted, my suspension and brake upgrade plus the T panel stuff.

Cool. Best wishes on the wedding!

These cars seem to always have something that you could improve. That's what I like about them.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-81 View Post
    Cool. Best wishes on the wedding!

These cars seem to always have something that you could improve. That's what I like about them.
    You couldn't be more correct my friend! Even though they're all basically the same car there's always something you can do different than other people have done to further make them different and stand out. Its not a car that gets boring by any means! Thanks for the best wishes and like I said I'll be doing more stuff to it after the wedding but all big projects with the car or hold off till then. Bosses orders because she wants to drive off in this car so I can not have it taken off the road or I'll probably be castrated lol

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3