FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: T-panel

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

Wink Bowing T panel

What causes the back of the T panel to bow up and snag the louvers? Its been that way since I owned the car for 12 years and now I have new louvers installed and I have the louvers adjusted slightly upward to prevent from snagging. I know how to remove the T panel and done it on another car but what causes it to bow upwards? I do have the back 3 screws tighten down pretty good but she doesn't want to move down anymore? So I figured I'd ask.
    Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Dietrich View Post
    What causes the back of the T panel to bow up and snag the louvers? Its been that way since I owned the car for 12 years and now I have new louvers installed and I have the louvers adjusted slightly upward to prevent from snagging. I know how to remove the T panel and done it on another car but what causes it to bow upwards? I do have the back 3 screws tighten down pretty good but she doesn't want to move down anymore? So I figured I'd ask.
    I had to drill the brackets so I could put the screws into a lower postion.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    I had to drill the brackets so I could put the screws into a lower postion.
    Which brackets buddy?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Dietrich View Post
    Once you have the rear upper finisher trim installed (3 screws), you can squeeze the little stainless tabs on the T-panel so that it stays down. Dave Swingle will remind you that these tabs can break off, so be gentle.

Yeah i did that and its still this way. Might remove it to see whats under there? Ibhave those 3 screws tight, 4 stainless tabs squeezed damn good and tried pressing down on it but it wont budge anymore?

My VIN:    Former owner of 1098

Club(s):   (DCF)

The first picture makes it look like your T-panel is LOWER than your doors. If this is the case, I would remove it and lay down some strips of weatherstripping on the top of your roof box to bring it up a little. This helps with open Door / T-Panel rubbing issues if you are having those also.
    Brandon S.

2014 Honda Civic EX
    2007 Volvo S60R

No i dont have any issue's with the T panel rubbing but it does look a little low.

My VIN:    5778

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Part of the way to solve the issue with the louver from snagging the T-bar is to either adjust the louver screws or drill new holes and adjust the louver. That's what I did with mine when it was hitting the t panel.

--Doug
    FB Page: #ProjectDelorean https://www.facebook.com/ProjectDelorean88mph
    Twitter: @projdelorean

"Back Before the Future"--the story before the story of a crazy dude trying to timetravel...kindof like expedia...only bumpier...

Quote Originally Posted by aotmfilms View Post
    Part of the way to solve the issue with the louver from snagging the T-bar is to either adjust the louver screws or drill new holes and adjust the louver. That's what I did with mine when it was hitting the t panel.

--Doug
    Sounds like a good idea Doug. So I guess what you're saying is to drill new holes in the back of the T panel for the 3 screws so it can move down even more? Am I reading you right on that account?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast